My last hope for answers please help. Debilitating symptoms pleasfssdhhdhdh

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello,

For the past 7,8 years or so I've been experiencing what seems like a constant chronic variety of symptoms. I wake up in the morning feeling un refreshed even after sleeping a good 8 hours. In addition to that I experience this debilitating brain fog, thick clogged up congested head that is so bad it renders me immobile in the morning as I can't do anything or think clearly or even get my thoughts out clearly.

This makes me very depressed as I can't seem to get a diagnosis I've had my thyroid,cortisol levels checked MRI all blood work checked all came back "normal".

it might be worthwhile to mention that it's extremely hard to focus my focus is gone my eyes can't stay open as they're always trying to close on me and going out in the sun makes my situation 10x worse as the sun extremely drains the energy out of me.

It's very frustrating and what baffles me the most out of all my symptoms is that I'm so mentally fatigued that it's hard to get my speak out in the sense that I literally have no energy to speak as everytime I open my mouth or try to speak it seems like I'm loosing fuel/mental energy to speak so I barely speak at all. And when I do it comes out extremely mumbled due to the lack of energy to properly articulate my words clearly.To me it's very concerning and I also always feel this constant pressure on my head like as if someone is pushing down on it. I'm exhausted every day and I really need to figure this out in order to move on with my life.

I haven't worked in years because of this and it's like I'm falling into that downward spiral and really need help.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to your comments.

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Sorry for the typo above in the title***
  • Posted

Do your ears feel full? How is your coordination and balance?
    • Posted

Thanks for responding Laurie. My ears don't feel full and my coordination and balance is very good. No issues there just the ones I mentioned above.

• Posted

Sounds like maybe allergies are causing brain inflammation? Even TMJ can do that.
    • Posted

I have looked into a few scenarios including inflammation from sinusitis as I had an MRI that reveals sinusitis disease however I don't have the typical tell tale symptoms that accompanies sinusitis ie pain swelling etc. i wake up everyday with a mouth full of saliva in addition to the clogged head but I thought that was normal? I also don't think I'm allergic to anything at least that I know of and I've had this issue for as long as I can remember but maybe I'm missing something..

• Posted

Sometimes excess saliva can be a symptom of a neurological issue of some sort. Have you heard of TMJ? Do you get facial/sinus type headaches (or jaw tenderness)? Alot of people don't realize how TMJ disorder can wreak havoc on one's life.

• Posted

The only reason why I thought the saliva was normal is because some people drool when they sleep so I thought it has to be something normal and my MRI came back normal as well besides the sinusitis disease mentioned. but I'm not sure and no I haven't heard of tmj but I did look it up and I don't think I have any of those symptoms and I don't know what facial sinusitis type headache is supposed to feel like but I do get these weird strange pressure/fullness in my forehead but it seems like I'm so mentally drained of energy that even talking requires so much effort. I might look more into sinusitis disease and see if that maybe is causing my congested head.

• Posted

What you describe are typical symptoms of an underlying autoimmune disorder - and there are a lot of them. You need to be referred, probably to a rheumatologist as they tend to deal with many autoimmune disorders and know which blood tests to do - GPs don't and often don't have access to them anyway.

• Posted

Thanks for your response. I have been tested for inflammation markers iga c reaction test etc but everything came back normal. Right now I'm looking into getting a sleep study done to rule out any sleep disorders... im also looking to get a referral to an ENT for possible sinusitis.

• Posted

ESR and CRP are NOT always raised in inflammatory disorders and autoimmune does not always mean inflammation - but it is still rheumatologists who deal with them
    • Posted

Thanks for your follow up. I will definitely inquire about a referral to a rheumatologist at my next gp appointment. However, I've been trying out otc sinusitis medicines and it seems to eliminate my brain fog that I always get in the mornings to about 75%. If sinusitis is the culprit here I'm still not sure but it's something I will look more into as well.

• Posted

Shaw,

As Im certain you are aware, people in the group can only tell you about their own experiences or that of our loved ones, and hopefully you will get some new direction.

Your symptoms do sound a lot like my grandaughters, she age 23, has experienced Brain fog for years. She also had had constipation issues since she was in her teens.

It has come to light that her problems are with her small intestines. She is now at the stage if biopsy for a diagnosis of Hursprungs Disease. The spelling is not correct. Basically it ls genetic and she may need to have a small procedure to fix the area that is not allowing the waste to empty correctly.

If a person does not dispose of their waste and it stays in the body too long, it can create multiple symptoms.

I mentioned this because your problems are similar to hers and we don't like to talk about this problem.

Good luck

Darlene

• Posted

Darlene, thanks for responding. This is not my last chance for hope sorry for the misleading title as I only put that out of frustration regarding my issues.

I did look up the issue you were talking about and I don't seem to match the same symptoms as I don't have any issues with my bowels or constipation etc however I will bring this up to my pcp.

Like I said in my post the thing that baffles me the most is that this is also affecting my speech not in the sense that I can't talk anymore but in the sense that talking for me requires so much effort like as if there is no fuel to talk. It's really frustrating. I recently had a neuropsychologist assessment done and my memory was terrible that even the neuropsychologist thought I might have Alzheimer's/dementia. I'm going in for a sleep study to rule out any issues there hopefully I find a solution soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.