Getting me down

Posted , 4 users are following.

I keep a food diary as since ive had the gallbladder removed everything i eat is going through me, causing smelly loose stools that burn. Ive been prescribed stuff to drink but thy not working the pain i get in my stomach is awful. The operation its self was and is a blur i cant remember it as it was an emergency operation that resulted me being taken to intensive care. They couldn't do keyhole as i already had keyhole scars which were only 3 months old as I had my kidney removed in April and this operation in july. I have ugly scars on my stomach that get me down i know im lucky to be alive but ive had enough

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

hi hun ive been exactly same as you im waiting for a endoscopy   ive been put on questran 4mg  x 2 aday  they have helped with the loose bowels  but i have really bad smelly gas  no matter what i eat   i get stomach ache too   they just said it could be ibs  but doing more test first,    if i eat anything with a small amount of fat  my stomach makes loud gurgling noises  i had my gallbladder removed in feb so 8 months of being like this    some one told me to ask for bile acid malabsorption test   which my doctors said i have to ask hospital to do  when i go for the endoscopy,    I would go back to your doctors  and tell them hun  that you still like this     hope you get sorted soon   keep us informed  good luck xxx
    • Posted

Thankyou im going to the Dr's tomorrow i thought it was just me its really getting me down, i hope you get sorted as well i had my gallbladder removed 28july. Good luck with your tests and i will keep u posted with what my dr says x

• Posted

Hi, Kelledee,  

I think you have bile acid malobsorption.  Ask them to test it for you.  What did they give you to drink?  I have BAM, and take 4 mg of cholestyramine in juice every night, and that seems to do the trick.  Though, others have to take more of it.  

Another way to help yourself is to eat low fat and to try the FODMAP diet.  It helped me!

Best of luck to you, I hope you feel better soon! xx

• Posted

Thankyou i cant pronounce these sachets thy gave me to drink but they just not working nothing is im scared to eat. Can i ask what the fodmap diet is? Im going to the drs tomorrow so i will ask them to test me then
    • Posted

Hi, you can look up the Fodmap diet on line.  It's for people with gastric problems.  It may help you.

There are 2 tests that I know of for BAM, one is a blood test that's fairly new and was develped in the US.  The other test is performed at home and involves collection of stool samples/matter over an 8 hour period.  The lab you go to will give you the materials to do it with.  Not pleasant, but at least you'll know.  

Also, Immodium can help slow everything down, if necessry!

• Posted

Hi Kelledee, I had my gb removed a year ago and still suffer w
  • Posted

Hi Kelledee I had my gb out a year ago. Like you I suffer with constant diarrhoea and vomiting. I started getting this every 2-3 weeks. It always starts with egg smelling burps.
    • Posted

A year omg never have u been to yout drs what have they said, at the moment everything is getting me down i hate my scar its huge and sore. Im scared to eat as everything upsets my stomach.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.