So tired of feeling gross

Posted , 9 users are following.

I am so f*ing sick of being smelly down there.  I've had chronic BV for three years and been through so many rounds of antibiotics I've lost count.  It either doesnt go away or comes back in a month.  I've tried all the yogurt, hydrogen peroxide and probiotics, nothing!  I'm stuck changing out pantiliners and showering 3x a day. this f*ing sucks so bad it's making me depressed.

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Have you tried metro pills?  I used the metro gel twice and it cleared for a week and then returned when i had sex with my fiance.... i went back to the gyno and had her prescribe the pill form because i had seen some women on here say the gel didnt work for them but the pills did.  I took them two weeks ago now and no smell no discharge and ive had sex multiple times and it has yet to return... I know how you feel i felt dirty i was washing down there too all day long, my gyno also told me to use dove unscented soap because the other soaps are harsh and make the smell worse!  I hope you find something that works for you because i too lived with it for years and it became all i was focused on and i thought everyone smelt it im just grateful that i have been in a seven year relationship and he completely understood that it wasnt because i was dirty he saw my struggle with it.
    • Posted

Yes metro gel is the antibiotic inserted vaginally... I used it twice and each time my symptoms went away for a week and once i had sex it returned.  This time I read a lot on these forums and saw that the metro pills worked for some people and not the gel so the next time i went to the gyno i asked her for the pills and sure enough two weeks later and having had sex many times i still have no symptoms... most importantly no smell i feel great!! I feel bad for the women ive seen that this doesnt work for them because i know how it feels to live with it and it isnt fun at all!!!!

​PS my gyno told me that allowing my fiance to ejaculate inside of me was not helping the situation at all....

• Posted

Thank you, yes I've tried both the metrogel and the pill form, neither worked for me for more than two months unfortunately.  The pills are better though for sure

• Posted

Was I that lady by any chance lol,

I swear by the metronidazole

They saved me after 7 months of a vile smell and the gel worked why I was taking but soon I had sex it was bad worse xx

• Posted

Probably was you because most women say it doesnt work for them and I only saw one or two say the pills worked for them... its been over two weeks since i took the pills and i am noticing a slight smell come back im freaking out right now.... i am using a feminine wash no harsh soaps and trying everything to not irritate myself aside from sex lol i hope it is not returning
    • Posted

No it's probably mind over matter,

I too acted like this soons I smelt a tiny smell or I was smelling for it,

It's because we are parro about it

Mine is still gone been months now and j feel good now ?an then I have a normal odour but that's normal there is bound to be some smell from like discharge ect , just try not to overly wash from this point on and no scented things just wash in water let you vagina clean it's slef I find the more products U use the more then mell will appear days later xx

• Posted

Yes loo i do believe thats what it was I had just had sex the day before and was washing with olay body wash that had exfoliants in it, so i went out and bought non scented vagisil and the next day no smell... i definitely am paranoid that it well come back im constantly checking but its been alomst a month now and nothing thank god youre right it feels great to have a normal scent i almost accepeted that i was going to live with it forever
    • Posted

Yes olay is highly scented too I find that happens when I use that also things like radox Palmolive soap or Lynx I don't use non of those now I just use water and a low formula body wash for the pelvic region I certainly don't wash in side like I used to with soaps , this caused it ?xx good look staying healthy I know what U mean I lived like that thinking it's just me when I got to normal again I realised how abnormal if was , you feel fresh and every think don't you xx

• Posted

Try being stuck with it for 6 years, its so ridiculous that nothing works. I had it once 25 years ago and the antibiotics worked and it didnt come back. I wonder what is going on that the meds don't seem to help anyone these days.

• Posted

I feel your pain. I am, 34, years old and have been stuck with it since my early 20's. I actually started getting it around the time I was 18 and was treated for it a couple of times and it didn't seem to be so bad.

Now I feel like it's embedded in me. I have had several rounds of Flagil but this time it hasn't taken it away.I shower 2x a day and would shower more if given the opportunity. I shower in the evenings when I get home from work and when I wake up in the morning the smell is back. I shower in the morning before putting on all of my clothes for work and by late morning while at work the smell is very strong again. We have a tiny office and I work in the middle of two people at one long desk and do not like getting up to scan things copy things or really do anything because once I get up and walk and move I feel like they can smell it.

Im sure after taking the antibiotics for a. Of time my body build a tolerance and they no longer work. I have no insurance and barely make enough money to survive. There's no way in hell I can afford to go to the doctor right now to get an antibiotic that may take the smell away for a couple of days. If anyone nose of a Shore way to get rid of bacterial vaginosis without a prescription from the doctor I would love to hear what you are doing.

I eat yogurt like crazy and it's okay that doesn't do anything. I will keep you posted as well if I find out a cure.

• Posted

Are you on meds right now? I'm worried that three years could easily turn into six right now as nothing seems to make a difference in it..

• Posted

This, the antibiotics are not doing anything.  the smell is constant, are you on any medicines now? what about home remedies? anything worked for you? I'm wanting to try vaginal probiotics but they're so expensive

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.