Feel like the call will never come

Posted , 2 users are following.

Ive been waiting now for surgeons office to call for 2 weeks no (feels like an eternity). I want this hysterectomy done yesterday. I feel so much pressure in mornings and have lost sleep. My belly is bloated and im in retail running back and forth to bathroom at work. Its really depressing.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi

Can I ask how many fibroids you have and how big are they ?

Thanks

• Posted

Hi there

I am in the same situation. I have been waiting since July for my date but I'm hoping it will come soon as I'm due to have my last prostate injection tomorrow and will only have four weeks until it wears off. I have the oposite problem as my fibroid interferes with my bladder and stops me from passing. I've had a catheter for the last three months. I had a pre op appointment through in July and thought I would get my op date within a few weeks however I'm sorry to say still waiting. I certainly do not want to dampen your spirits but it may help you to prepare for a wait, although this all depends on waiting lists in your area. Have you got a contact number you can ring to see where you are on the list and have you opted for short notice appointment in case there is a cancellation? I hope you get your date soon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.