Oralstat

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I've been given oralstat from my GP, gave me no diet to follow or how much fat I should eat, can someone help. Thanks

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi love I was told your allowed 15g each meal I dont think gps inform you enough about them good luck hugs jill xxx
  • Posted

Hello Sandra.

I recommend joining a food tracking site, such as my fitness pal.

Eseentially, you need to learn how to eat healthily, whilst keeping your fat intake low. You should have no more than 15g of fat per meal, but you must make sure you're having the right percentages of carbohydrates and protein as well.

• Posted

Thank you, I'll try what you said, the GP's don't give any info neither does the practice nurse Thanks x

• Posted

Hiya

As a rule I have followed with the fat percentage per meal thing- if your unsure how much you usually eat, do a food diary, just a simple one( as a simple dairy is easy and not time consuming and easier to becone a habit)

A good thing to do is look at what you wiuld normally eat ona daily basis, check what the fat content is for each meal( google is great for that) then adjust to either higher or lower the fat content- as iknow at some point we've all been told that if we dont eat enough we dont loose weight- basically our body panics when we reduce too much and gies into starvation mode and stires ANY and all fat we consume rather than burn and use for fuel. Good luck sweetie

• Posted

Hipe you understand what I out as my phone has taken over with the spelling- phones are amazingly helpful lol x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.