Booked for gastric band privately, will it help with my sugar addiction and cravingsss?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

Booked privately for a band within few weeks, having second thoughts, as i do overeat but the sugar and chocolate is the main problem, i know if i cut out that id be fine, can anyone tell me if that helps? Will the band stop me eating too much chocolate??

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi,no,unfortunately it will not. Chocolate is one of the easiest slider foods to slip through the band. I have daily struggles with my brain regarding food,I still WANT to eat what I use to eat before my band,and like you,I love the sweet stuff,but it's 75% willpower and 25% band and I have to control what I put in my body. I'm 7 months banded and 4 stone lost but I'm still on a constant "diet". They told me the band wouldn't work for me as I'm a "grazer" ,but it has,and for me it is daily hard work mentally to keep "choccy loving Lisa" under control. I do hope my experiences don't put you off,as I wouldn't go back and change a thing as my band has given me a new lease of life,you will still have the old demons to fight but when you start seeing results it's totally with it 😊 Good luck on your journey,wishing you all the best xx

• Posted

Thanks for your fast reply! I might have to rethink my options, as if I can still have chocolate unlimited without feeling full, this could be a problem for me. sad

• Posted

Yeah,chocolate melts on the way down,same as ice cream..real easy to eat. At least you know now and can look into other options to save you spending your money if it may not be the right thing for you. Wishing you luck xx
    • Posted

Hi, I had a band 2011, lost 4 stone quite quickly but that was more because I was frightened of eating and doing things wrong, 5 year down the line and I'm back to the same weight if not heavier than before the band. Also finding out recently that I have a leak (so maybe the band has never really worked for me) love chocolate and junk and the band is definitely not the easy way out, like the other lady said it's a constant diet for rest of your life, somebody suggested the sleeve to me, not sure how it works but believe it's a good option. Hope this helps xx

• Posted

Sorry to say it definitely wont, I learnt the hard way very quickly that the band Was not answer to all my food addictions and habits. I've lost 10st 7lb in just under 11 months with my band but that's with alot of of willpower for months before I reached restriction but I still have my days where I can eat and eat chocolate, icecream, cake etc. 🙈 If you're wanting a band just for that then it wont work but if you're wanting it to loose weight the band was the best deicision I ever made xx

• Posted

Wow! That's amazing! May I ask,what was your starting weight? I was 16.5 stone and I've only lost 4 stone in 7 months ..I'm on 1,200 kcal a day and tracking it through mfp..are you following a "diet" or counting calories or just eating what you fancy (and what your band will let you eat?) I could learn a thing or 2 off you,you're doing so well,fantastic xx

• Posted

Thankyou lovely, 4 stone in 7 months is great well done, 😘👏🏻 My start weight was 25st 5 and im now 14st 10 banded on 28/11/15. I'm also on a 1,200 calorie a day diet & track everything on mfp and also try eat low fat as possible, I dont eat what I fancy because i'd end up living off crisps and cake haha, some days Its harder than others but I want to loose weight that bad that I get through it, having a band is definitely more mental than physical and I still cant believe how much willpower I still have to use I thought my band would help more but it stops my portions being huge. I follow the 20/20/20 rule With every meal and exercise for an hour a day and thats it basically, thankyou again xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.