2 weeks after laparoscopic cholecystectomy

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had surgery 2 weeks ago.I have four incisions one in my belly button one Under my breast bone near center abdomen and to the right a little and then two on my very right side. I felt fine about two days after Was active and thought I was healing well. I know that the doctor said because of putting all of the air coughing would be normal well it is been two weeks. I think I may have come down with a common cold but now when I cough I feel a burning and stabbing like pain in the incision near my abdomen where they pulled out the gallbladder. It is a horrible pain and once I cough constantly the pain stays and hurts like pulled muscle with constant burning and stabbing. Is this just me healing and the coughing is causing muscle pain. Or did I cough so hard I gave myself a hernia? I should also mention that this pain is also present when I roll over in bed or when I sit up in bed legs crossed kinda slouching the pain will present then as well. Pain is felt in abdominal muscles when I roll over sit up or cough. It is just getting worse. Even hurting when I rub it. Also my upper abdomen is still numb in spots.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I had surgery 3 weeks ago. I am just now able to roll over in bed without pain. Couldn't even sleep on my side. Any side. Try to hold a pillow against your stomach when you cough. I did sneeze a few times and was in extreme pain. Tears! Next week it won't be so painful. Feel better soon! 💜

• Posted

It took me about 3 weeks also to even lean on my side because my incision hurt and I only had a single incision surgery through my navel. I'm 5 weeks post op and though rarely, I still get pains when I lift things or walk too much. You will need more time to heal.

• Posted

I know that upper incision was worked harder (gallbladder likely pulled out there). A few days after my surgery, it felt like there was a papercut tugging sensation at that spot. The skin looked like it was healing well but there was a small sort of open area along the incision. I applied Neosporin and a tight bandaid across it for a couple days until it felt healed.

It does help to hold a small pillow across the tummy area when changing positions, coughing, sneezing, etc. This helps support the muscles there.

You should put in a call to the surgeon's nurse to see if what you are feeling/experiencing is within the normal range or if you should be checked. If it hurts worse now (compared to just after the surgery) that doesn't sound right. Make a list of changes/symptoms and call the Dr's office. Hope you get some answers soon !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.