Femoral Nerve Damage Recovery

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I am going through femoral neuropathy in my both legs from June 28,2016 because of medicine overdose.

At first I was not able to stand up with my knees. There are numbness, stinging , and electrical shocks , swelling , pinching  and movement loss in the legs.

I could not stand up about 2 weeks after that I started to stand up and from then my improvement going on .Now I can walk without any support ,started to climb up and down stair little bit. I am going through medicine and physiotherapy .

But one activity still not working I can not up my knees. So without this activity there is always a possibility to knee dropping.

My symptoms is remain same but increase movement.

Want to know is anyone here who is recovered  100% from Femoral Neuropathy and get back normal life ? Is Femoral Neuropathy is curable? I am very frustrated  …How long does it takes to recovered ?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi I had popliteal damage which resulted in being paralysed from the knee downwards which was as a result of the THR. I am in my 14th week  post op and have had daily physio for the last 12 weeks. I have experienced everything you have with a lot more pain unless you have left that out.  I consider that my physio Encarnie  has got me through this. I have something in the region of 25 different exercises which I do every day and has resulted in all the pain subsiding  unless she is working on me and now I am experiencing less and less swelling in the ankles.   I have the use of my lower leg, top of my foot, the left side of my ankle and the tips of my toes. Alas  the  Motor nerve in the right ankle  still refuses to function and so the base of my foot  is not normal and  neither are my toes leaving me struggling somewhat with my balance. However like you no doubt I have graduated from bedbound to wheelchair  to Walker and now Cane.   If you have not already done so then speak to your physio for exercises to do with your knees  and also get an EGM  which will tell you if there is regeneration of your nerves.   I have been told my nerve  is regenerating and will take 12 to 18 months having had this neurological test. I wish you all the best and can assure you there is life after waking up  paralysed. Regards dot
    • Posted

I already did  NCV , EMG , MRI  , X-ray  last month September 2016. Reports say that my femoral nerve is not working level .Last week I went to my neurologist ,Doctor says that you will be ok and normal and it will take some time ,how long doctor was not able to say that .My physiotherapy going on, I am doing exercise of keens. Only things I could not able to is not up my knees. If it is back I will be normal again .   
  • Posted

hi r7777

I am so sorry to hear this - 

What did your doctor tell you?   I have no answer for you and wish you all the best -

big warm hug

renee

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.