4 days post op from a TAH, everything removed.....

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had my TAH 4 days ago and was wondering how much walking did everyone do ? I am still sore and hurt some . I go next week to have staples removed and review the pathology report which I am hoping don't show any signs of anymore cancer. He took everything out including my lymph glands. Would like to hear from everyone . Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Just take it easy do about ten minutes a day and gradually build up don't over do it sit and rest when your body tells you all the best

• Posted

Hi, glad it's over for you!  I had my op 3 weeks ago and still having good and bad days.  Keep up with your painkillers (even through the night) and it will help.  I had a melon sized mass removed so I'm able to move around more than I could preOp!  It's hard to sit and rest but listen to your body.  I felt physically sick when I'd done too much and still now I feel like I've hit a brick wall and have to stop. Im in bed most nights before the kids! In the early days I was having 2/3 sleeps a day (in bed) so take it steady and eat well and drink lots!  Hardest part for me was getting my bowel and bladder working properly again so lots of fruit and water is a must or it's just so painful.  Take a day at a time and set yourself little targets and then rest. I guess everyone is different in how much they can walk. I'm fine pottering about the house but when I've been out I struggle to make it from the car to the local coffee shop!  Look after yourself x

• Posted

Hi,

I had TAH 7 months ago due to cancer. By day 2, I was asked to walk more to avoid any blood clot and help the wound heal faster.

During my 1st 2 weeks, I walked 15 minutes in the morning and another 15 minutes at night after dinner as I find it helps with digestion (as our colon has been shifted or moved during op, I believed colon also need some time to adjust back without her buddy uterus at the place of origin). By week 3, I started driving and walking a bit faster but still weak. You will feel fatigue or tend to get tire easily. I still suffer lower back pain and muscle pulling sensation around pelvic area. I go for frequent acupuncture treatment to ease the pain and am on Chinese herbs for cancer. Did not suffer menopause symptoms as Doctor retained my ovaries.

Hope you get well soon

• Posted

Thanks everyone. I have been walking 10 mins every few hours but do get tired out easily. My hardest thing to do is sleep on my side as I like sleeping on my stomach but can't right now...I am just now nervous about the pathology results next week .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.