HRT and raised blood pressure

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi there

Just wondering if anyone has had any issues with high blood pressure when taking HRT. I've been taking estelle duet 1mg for 3 months now. Went for a wee pre op assessmentand discovered that my blood pressure was very high. I've never had any problems before.

My GP has suggested to come of HRT now to see if it helps.

Any advice grateful

Ann

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Yes, I developed HBP after taking HRT, I was permitted to continue the HRT once my BP was under control, now taking BP medication and it is fine.
  • Posted

Hi Ann I was on the same as you for 11mths all was good..u till last mth my BP was very high ' I'm having regular readings now and Dr changed me to patches.evorel conti.I feel a lot better on these, also my BP is lowering hope this helps. takcare.x

• Posted

Thanks Deborah

Did your doc put you on medication for your BP or just change the HRT and monitor your BP?

Ann

• Posted

Hi Ann dr monitoring my BP for 3 readings over 3 months. possibly Dec I will be on BP tablets she said but have to be sure .as I was anxious regarding stopping hrt he assured me I can take tablets for BP. along side thank God. take care.
    • Posted

also changed from tablets to patches.
    • Posted

Thanks Deborah

A nightmare being a woman at this stage of life lol.

Take care x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.