34 th day on 10mg Escitalopram.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello all,

I have swapped from Paroxetine 40mg (after 24 years) to 10 mg Escitalopram basically for Panic Disorder and accompanying depression, and am currently on my 34th day.

Has it worked for panic attacks for anyone else, if so how long did it take? 

Also has anyone experienced real fits of just absolute rage?

Thank you.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

My psych told me it would take 4 weeks to reduce anxiety and panic attacks. I'm only on day 12 of 10mg. I haven't had any side effect of rage, how soon after starting it did you notice that? Could it be withdrawal from paroxetine? Wishing you all the best in finding relief soon.

• Posted

Thank you very much,my best wishes to you too.

Thats what I am not sure of if it is the withdrawral from the paroxetine that is confusing matters as well?

From reading various forums etc about tapering or switching it suggests to try and pick a stress free time to do it as well.

In my case I have had a mother who is constantly ill and a brother who is diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer and I have bascially not been able to really take my foot of the gas with responsibilities.

I have been finding myself getting incredibly short tempered and on the verge of shouting at people who seem to be even blocking the way on the pavement? 

• Posted

Wow, that sure is a lot to deal with especially when you are suffering from depression and panic attacks. I am not surprised you are short tempered with everything that is going on. What dose of paroxetine were you on as 10mg is the minimum dose of escitalopram and you could increase up to 20mg.
    • Posted

I was on 40 mg Paroxatine for 8 months previous to that 20-30mg for about 25 ish years.

Think you could be right, but circumstances don't exactly help.

Thanks for the reply, good luck to you.

• Posted

40mg paroxetine is equivalent to 20mg escitalopram. Perhaps speak to your doc if it doesn't start working soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.