Ovarian Cyst?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm very confused and worried! Two days ago I found a lump around my pelvic area. It sticks out from the skin but you can also feel it under the skin. It feels like a rectangle kind of shape and is red on top. I can't find answers but one suggestion I found was an ovarian cyst. It doesn't hurt but wanted to know if anyone had any ideas!!!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

That sounds more like a swollen lymph node
  • Posted

Could be a cyst but the only way to find out is to see your GP. He will refer you to a gynae if you're in the UK. If not you might have to make a gynae appt yourself. I had one removed earlier this year but sometimes they just monitor the for growth or shrinkage. Best wishes, rolleyes

• Posted

Sounds far too superficial (like e.g. ingrown hair cyst, clogged follicle, sebaceous cyst - do you shave in that area?), but who knows.

You need to see GP, who will feel around and help, maybe remove it or give antibiotics, if he was unsure will order maybe ultrasound.

I have never heard of an ovarian cyst that could be so small (how big is it btw, it sounds like only a few cm) and could be felt through skin and red on top of skin. 

People look more generally bloated or pregnant, when cyst is big.

Please let us know what it was at the end after consultation.

TA!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.