Pregablin 50mg at night

Posted , 3 users are following.

Husband is on this drug for anxiety.  What is the best time to take it night ?

Any help appreiciated . Thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Janet.

I suggest your husband not taking it at all and find something else.

This is a dangerous drug that, although can be useful, does irreversible damage to your body.

The doctors tell you it has "few" side effects like dry mouth, headache, dizziness etc, but what they don't tell you is how it effects other parts of your body or the damage it can, and does do.

Research it thoroughly before deciding to take it.

Regards

• Posted

Hi Janet. I'm on 600mg and I take it at night. I find it really helps me sleep aswell which is great, as I have other chronic mental health conditions aswell which make sleep near impossible.

This way when I wake up and the drug is in effect, so I am able (most days) to face going to work.

Sometimes during the day if I'm having a particularly intense moment, I'll take one of my 200mg pills to help with that moment. I find it quite fast acting.

• Posted

Janet I should have also added, I started on 50mg and worked my way up through the dose milestones over a number of weeks. It's only now on the max dose I find it effective. So I wouldnt reccomend going straight to 600 if your husband finds his current dose inaffective. I found it took about 2 weeks for my current dose to really kick in

• Posted

Hi  Thanks for the info - he'll be going up to 75mg both morning and night as of Friday.  What time do you find its best to take it at night ?  He's taking it at 9pm but thinking its a bit early

• Posted

Hi Janet. No problem, I'm happy to help in any way I can. I also take mine at 9pm, and I find at about 10:30pm I start to get sleepy and fall a sleep. Becuase I have a high dose and I need to get up at a certain time, I need to take it then in order to be able to leave home and drive on time.. if that makes sense.

Maybe if your husband doesnt get sleepy from it and isnt wanting to sleep earlier, then he could try taking it a little later? That way it is still more active in his system when he gets up in the morning and waiting for his morning dose to kick in?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.