Matron

Posted , 5 users are following.

Not been on here for a while but am saddened to see that Matron has left because of ignorant people's comments. She was nothing but kindness to me and gave brilliant caring, knowledgeable advice. I know this wasn't the first time that this had happened, how sad that one persons comments have stopped us ladies receiving her invaluable advice. That's the sad thing about the internet there is always bullies that hide behind the screen! Enough said!

3 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Rosiepix, Who is Matron? I just joined yesterday (just had surgery last Friday and found this site.) I do know what you mean about people being inconsiderate in their comments

And also just downright rude, condescending and bullying! But I have found this site to be helpful so far, I hope it continues this way. I don't know quite how many members are here, how to see all the threads, my homepage, or anything. So it's all a bit confusing. But then again I'm using my mobile to access for now. I'm sorry to hear your friend left because of rude people. How sad.

• Posted

Hope you are doing well since your surgery last Friday. This site was just what I needed one year ago after my surgery for my bladder prolapse. Until I found this site I felt so alone with my condition, but soon found out there were many woman that had or were going through the same thing. The advise I can share with you is rest..rest.,rest!! No heavy lifting, vacuuming,bending, straining. The most important thing is that we realize that we have had major surgery and it will take time to heal. I took the whole 12 weeks and guarded my recovery like watching a baby! lol I will be one year on the 21st of this month, and all is well. However I still know my limitations and try to stick with them! You will be getting more words of advise and encouragement from others and until then be blessed and take it easy!
    • Posted

Sweet  Carolyn,  if you didn't become familiar with Matron, you missed a treasure.  She is a nurse, who worked in the field of prolapse surgery, snd she also had the surgery in the past.  Matron was extremely knowlegable, and what impressed me about her id thst she understood.  Even though we have difficulty expressing ourselves sometimes,  she got it...she understood, and zeroed in on our anxieties and fears.  She knew what we were trying to ask, and gave excellent advice,  she never overstepped her bounds, and made referrals to medical persons, includimg our doctors and surgeons.   Matron is one in a million. Apparently there were a few people who complained that they wanted the site to be only for patients to discuss their issues, snd not s professional.   Hown stupid id that??  Matron listened snd encourage dialog among the patients, and guided them.  She was reassuring, informative, and at times sugessted they see a Consultant, doctor,or psiotherapist 

• Posted

This is Dorothy again.  I just wanted to say that we had a gem, and lost her, due to a few people who while getting their way....caused a great loss to the vast majority who truly benefited from her care and support.  I wonder if the trouble makers are happy now?  God bless you, Matron, for all the good you did.  We will always think of you and bless you.  Most Sincerely...Dorothy
  • Posted

I'm sorry to hear that as well!! She really helped me out with her kind and professional advise, when I was going through my post-op.Her valuable advise surely is missed!

• Posted

I am sorry to hear about Matron as well. She gave me very valuable information and I truly appreciated her input! She was like a lifeline for me.
  • Posted

Hi Rosiepix like you I have not been active on here for some time. I think we had our operations around the same time feb ths year. And like you had problems matron was a wonderul support. It really is such a shame that these people have driven matron to making the decision to leave her support and advice proved invaluable to the people she touched on here and sad that others will not benefit..hope you are well 
    • Posted

Hi Karen x

Yes it's a shame that Matron has left she was such a kind lovely lady . I've recently had problems with a slight prolapse again and was given excellent advice by her, I hope you have recovered well xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.