banded 4 years there's loads of foods I regurgitate, not losing either. Anyone the same?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Does anyone else regurgitate things like, bacon rind (I cut it all off but sometimes might miss a bit) mince, lettuce, melon, Apple skin, cucumber, cauliflower... I'm sick everyday if I don't just have soup. Plus I now have an ulcer and am severely anemic. Anyone else the same or any advice please? I've been banded 4.5 yrs and lost 4 stone in total. I've put 1.5 stone back on in 12 months.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Apple skin is a no no and cauliflower is advised to only eat when really really sort or mashed. Bacon aswell is a well known food that sticks. But the others are ok. Sounds like your band might be too tight but if you are not keeping any food down then I don't know why you would be gaining weight unless you are eating sugary slider foods instead. I'd go and get some fluid removed I really centre had a similar issue after going to Spain and couldn't keep anything down it got so bad I cut my throat throwing up. Had 2 ml removed and now I'm fine so going back to a 0.5ml fill at a time. I've had mine in since June 15th this year and lost 6 and a half stone so far.

Give your tummy and band a rest also and stick to a liquid only diet for a week or so and build back up.

• Posted

Thank you. That's amazing weight loss. I dont have any fluid in my band and I have the large one fitted. I had a gastrostopy because they thought it may have slipped and that's when they found the ulcer. Think I'll do as you said though and have a liquid deity for a while, see how I go. And yes once I've made myself sick I crave sugary foods. I'm in a really bad cycle.

• Posted

Yes it's the sugary snacks that are causing the weight gain. Sometimes when we have been sick alot the throat and tummy be come swollen and takes a break from food to get it to return to normal. I'd go back to basics and see if that helps.

Try eating custard or yoghurt once you have been regurgitated anything.

Hope you have some improvement

• Posted

i would struggle with many of the foods you have mentioned above cos it is impossib le to chew them into oblivion - so if you cannot chew them sufficiently in order to keep them down then I would say not to have them as they are obviously a problem - if the only food you can keep down even after extreme chewing then i would say you need a slight defill as it is not natural to be only able to manage soup and it can be damaging in the long run to be continuously bring food back up -

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.