What is it that I have on my toes?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've had this problem for about a year now, where my toes become extremely itchy, red and sometimes painful when the weather warms up. It has gotten to the point where I am waking up throughout the night because they are so itchy. 

I've taken anti-histamines, anti-fungal creams, steroid creams, cortisone creams, using ice packs, tea tree oil, eczema friendly moisturiser (Dermaveen brand) and NOTHING is working!

I've gone to the doctor and they don't know what it could be either!

Has anybody experienced this and could tell me what it could be? My toes are red, itchy, have little bumps all over them, and as you can see in the photo, I have scratched it so badly that skin has come off one of my toes.

With this warm weather starting up again, I need a cure ASAP! 

(As you can see in the photos, I've also got a nail fungal... Any suggestions for how to treat this?)

1 like, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sar,

i have the SAME issue!  Mine is also on the bottom and sides of my feet as well. I've been suffering with it for years, and have not found anything that works very well. Most recently I was prescribed mometasone furoate (I think that's how you spell it) that has helped a bit. I use it at night, then put socks over it. It doesn't work right away, so it needs a little patience. It has really helped, although the itches do come back if I don't use it every day.  Do yourself a favor and try it. It is the ONLY thing that has given me any relief at all.  Let me know how you make out. 

Tracy

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks Tracy! I will look into that. It's awful isn't it? Have you been to a dermatologist at all? I'm not sure where you are from but here in Australia it is $270 for a CONSULTATION at a dermatologist and I really can't afford to spend that much money for something that is not guaranteed to help.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up