Gabapentin 100 mg

Posted , 6 users are following.

Has anyone out there gained weight by taking Gabapentin? I read yes, I read no.  

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Yes I take 9x300mg per day and I've put on 2-3 stone over a year

• Posted

I guess Gabapentin must not be all that good of nerve damage pill! I no nurses who give their patients 9/10, 500 mgs a day. That's in sane! Anyway thx for your feedback. I too have gained weight and I hate it. Gonna find something else for RLS & anxiety

• Posted

I gained a ton, and only started to lose it when I had been totally off it for a month
    • Posted

Thx Pam for answering my question. I too gained a few lbs. and don't like it. Time to try something else.

• Posted

Yes unfortunately i have put on a stone at least, not happy about it. I have cut down to just one tablet a day because of it. 
    • Posted

Thx Elizabeth for your reply. I was gaining weight and couldn't figure out why. Then I figured it was the Gabapentin. Needless to say, I'm gonna stop taking it and find something else.

• Posted

Yes, i have used Gab, for about 3 yrs and i  could always stay at 165lb, and i have gradually gone up, now 185-190. and no matter what i do, i can't get back there. but i am taking 1200mg a day, and age may be affecting me some there also, i'm 59 and a little less physical than i was yrs ago. so i do think some of it is that drug, because its tougher to burn caleries . But i do like the benifits from it, i have just this week been able  to go to a pain management, and today got some patches to add, for my neck, cervical pain. 

• Posted

I'm male, 79 yrs old, and taking 100mg 3imes per day + 300mg  sleep with 30 mg

?Cymbalta, d haven't noticed weight gain.  I weigh   21 lbs.  At hiher doses the Rx's bothered me.  I haven't really see nerve pain relief i was expecting.  Do those in discussion reallget 75% or more of nerve pain relief ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.