I have 11 points but stated on the phone I haven't been accepted for pio

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have just found out I have celiac desiese

I tried committing suicide twice my boyfriend now has to look after my medication for me

I don't leave the house unless he comes with me and that's either to dwp interviews and that's about it if I have to go to the shops he comes in and we go out

I get taxi if I go out and I don't like buses.

I suffer with depression. Ptsd and anxiety attacks,

I have fatigue through my tablets I have to take

My boyfriend has to cook for me or I have microwave meals as aim that out of it I forget I've even put the cooker on or ran a bath.

I suffer with alopecia

I have been sexually and physically been abused by an ex which is why I'm going through all this now. And I had my atos appointment and the lady seemed realy understanding. According to what I understood by the lady on the phone when I rung up about my decision she stated I had 11 points and had not passed rolleyes this has just made me feel worse I mean what's the point!!

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi

Have you asked for a copy of the report? If not ask for one you will see what sections you have been awarded points in. Then you could try the citizens advice for some help, there are also other places that could give you advice. My daughter has crohns diease and I know how tired you can get with this type of thing and the depression that comes with it. 

Get some help to appeal, if it takes to go to a tribunal, then go for it. You obviously just saw someone that really doesn't understand your situation. 

Bless you and take care.

• Posted

I know its not easy to deal with these results and you still have the option to ask for them to look at it again,
  • Posted

I thought 11 points means you are  entitled to PIPS, 8 points above qualifies you to standard rate at least!
    • Posted

That's what I thought unless I.miss understood the woman but she did say I'm not entitled as I only have 11 points rolleyes

• Posted

Maybe the 11 points were split across mobility and daily living so neither was enough for an award.  You'll know more if you get a copy of the assessor's report as has already been suggested.  Make sure if you are going to put in for a mandatory reconsideration that you do this within the time limit.  Sometimes they take a long time to send out the report.  Obviously the report helps you put a strong argument together for your MR but you must be careful not to miss the deadline just because you haven't got the report.

• Posted

I rung them and they said I couldn't get the form.untol I received my letter, yes maybe that's what she ment sad just a little help wouldn't of gone a miss it costs a fortune to live my life sad I don't go out them when I Donington taxi and if I don't feel right I come home. Then all this celiac food stuff coat a fortune and again I'm constantly depressed and tiered and sick of life full stop every day it's like why the hell did I have to wake up sad

• Posted

Sounds like this lady on the phone didn't know what she was taking about. Ask for the report again. I got mine before the letter and had my mandatory review all ready to go off when I got the letter. Did you get a supporting letter from your doctor? I thought you could get celiac food on prescrition. is that not the case any more?

• Posted

Yes you can get some on prescription once your diagnosis is finalised but not all food is bad, my step daughter is celliac and I'm gluton intolerant and between us we manage to devise menus that are safe and then it can be cooked every day without using brought foods other than sometimes bread, but all our food comes from everyday food's that you can buy from Aldi lidle etc and there are some excellent cook books out there and recipes on internet that you can look up, since being diagnosed she has gone from strength to strength and now back to dare I say it, normal and as a teacher she needs to be active l

• Posted

I'm unsure until I see a dietitian. I think u can get bread, but surely I dint have to live on bread for the rest if my life rolleyes no as they said they would get intouch with my doctor and my doctor couldn't give me one as he was away and didn't come back before my appointment

• Posted

That's good to here I just think ice so much on at the minute I now have to sort my foods out ect and God nos what it seems real Confunsing I'm just a little stressed right now I over think everything, which is why I came on here for a little help, thanks for your advice its helped. X

• Posted

Thanks pay I hope so, I'm still going through a rape and physicall abuse case Aswell so have alot to sort out sad

• Posted

Hi Sophie

I put my doctor down as a contact but they didn't bother to contact her. My doctor was away but another doctor in the pratice wrote a letter of support to send with my mandatory review. I'm waiting for the result. Never assume they will contact your GP as it costs them money. My doctor done a letter for free. Contact the DWP again ask them for the report and ask if they have contacted your GP. Bet they haven't. You can also get a letter from a councillor to support you in a review.

Like Anthony and a few others say, I wouldn't be surprised if you have been awarded something.

Take care and be strong. x

• Posted

Hi Soph, its always hard to get our heads round things that stop us progressing with our lives as we have been doing before, but I'm sure you will come through it stronger, when were you diagnosed and was it confirmed after blood test with a intestinal biopsy, and have you had a full report from gastroentologist without which the DWP want consider it as verified,

These are things you need to consider when first applying for pip, also they need to have background info for any mental health problems to make that a condition of point scoring.

I am not having a go, just want you to be prepared when you appeal.

• Posted

11 points in total when did you here this and who off how long did you wait for that answer

It's not nice and you have been through a lot

Xxxx

• Posted

Hi sharon, I rung them as I hadn't received a report yet. And it was the lady on the phone and I think she may of ment 11 points in total yes but then said I hadn't been accepted x

• Posted

You must appeal straight away I think you ring them to go over it again maybe get more documents from doctor but ring dwp first

I think you ring them first and if they say no again you have to appeal website will tell you how too unless someone on the forum maybe able to help xx keep us all informed

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.