Afraid I'll be told it's 'just' another flare up

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've had IBS c for 20 yes. It never caused much trouble until 2010, I'd severe cramp pain on right side and constant achy pain at coccyx.the pain was so severe I would cry, I passed out from it one day. Laparoscopy, colonoscopy all clear. Go suggested solpadine...I moved gp.it eventually stopped, it was sporadic. Pregnant 2012, 3 months in severe pain kicked in again, it made me contract up to 30 times a a day, pain woke me every night was put off work early in case baby came early, I was told baby was pressing on bowel and causing pain.after baby 2013, no bad trouble. Every few months I'd be constipated for 3 days with severe pain in back and right side, motion on third day, pain would leave. Sometimes unable to work due to psin. July 8th this year, no bowel movement... I've been in pain dice, pain on right side and at coccyx. Doc suggested colpermin, fodmap and fybogel, codipar for pain. Fodmap has eased bloating, colpermin was no use so stopped it. Tried alflorax, it helped with bloating. Introduced magnesium and pain at coccyx has gone, constant twinge and discomfort at right side. Codipar eases pain, diazepam to relax muscles to aid sleep, still waking at night in spite of diazepam. Waiting on another colonoscpy. Making it through work, compketely exhausted. At wits end at this stage. Sincere apologies for long winded rant.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear that. Wait and see what comes back from your other colonscopy.
    • Posted

Thanks Mark. As my father used to say...this too shall pass........pardon the pun....
  • Posted

Hi, 

Have you had an ultrasound of your gallbladder? I had similar pain under my ribcage on the right side. My ultrasound showed no stones, but a nuclear scanning test showed my ejection fraction was very low. So, I had my gallbladder removed laproscopically. Sure enough, the surgeon said it was diseased and needed to come out. There may be a bit of heredity involved as well. Both my mom and aunt had their gallbladders removed in their mid-30's after having children. The cholecystetomy did not alleviate my IBS symptoms, however I do feel there is a connection.

• Posted

Hi Ashkey, thanks for response. I had ultrasound last year. I didn't explain where the pain is properly. It's lower right side. I'll swear its where small intestine enters large intestine. Thanks aillion for response band sorry for not explaining properly in original post.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.