PLEAE READ!!!! IBS GONE after i stopped eating this food additive

Posted , 6 users are following.

Soy lecithin can cause significant IBS.

It is an extremely common food additive in packaged foods.  It is an emulsifier - (like a "detergent" that breaks down fats and oil on dishware) that allows food ingredients to mix well by making the oils mix better together with other ingredients in packaged foods.  

But it also irritates the colon because it also breaks down the colon mucus lining (like a detergent), causing:

inflammation of the colon

diarrhea

blood in stool

related complications.

I'm emailing this note in kindness to you because I came across an online article entitled: "Conquering IBS" that says soy lecithin is okay to eat.  It is not okay.

I have personal experience with this issue as well.  I was diagnosed by my gastroenterologist after having IBS symptoms after 5 long years of issues after turning 40 years old.

After 3 subsequent years of exhaustive elimination diets, I found that soy lecithin was the culprit.

I stopped eating it (tough to do because it is so common in packaged foods) and have been completely IBS symptom free for 6 years.  

Then my 14 year old son started having the same IBS symptoms.  He stopped eating soy lecithin (again hard to do because so common - breads, cookies, chocolate, etc), and his symptoms stopped completely.  Started again, symptoms came back. Stopped - gone.  You get the picture.

The soy industry probably does NOT want this information be known about this soybean by product, but it is very true.

Help spread the word.

Regards,

SC

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

That's fantastic news! I am suffering the fructose intolenance for two months so it's a lot better than before. smile

• Posted

Dear Patient, I am glad that you have found something to help your IBS, stopping eating soya lecithin.     I have to take this on a regular basis to keep my fats down, but I tried leaving it off for a week, and have had one of the worst bouits of IBS ever!

So what suits one, does not another.   Gracegirl.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.