Any positive experiences with provigil to help with CFS

Posted , 8 users are following.

About to to start taking provigil and I always get cooled feet when starting a new med. I have heard a lot of positive things about provigil and some negative. I'm not new to stimulate meds I was ok adderal when I was a kid for about 8 years I had very bad ADHD I could not slow down. Then when I became a teenager I devopled CFS just felt really fatigued and lethargic during the day like my body couldnt handle stress and anxiety. I'm 19 btw

Please don't post and horror stories or provigil only positive if you can i have a good feeling like it well really help me out.

Thanks smile

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I use stimulating herbs!
    • Posted

Hi Georgia,

Could you list some of these herbs because I have chosen not to go the pham way.  I sure could use some suggestions.  Thanks!

D

• Posted

Gingko biloba, Ginseng, Damiana, Kola nut, St John's Wort.

• Posted

Check out http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-35091574 Its very informative about the medication you considering taking from an individuals personal perspective

Hope this helps

• Posted

I just searched for it Nicole but it didn't come up.

• Posted

The page is definitely there the Show is called Victoria Derbyshire (on the BBC) the title of the feature which you want to know about is mentioned and researched on this program it's called 'My Smart Drug' nightmare. It gives you a persons experience and videos from someone who tried this medication. Not sure where your based? It's called by its original name in the Uk. From my experience you should really do some research before you try as the side effects arent the best you need to way up the odds

• Posted

It's definitely not there. I don't want to try it; I just wanted to know what the harmful side effects are out of interest. I use herbs for energy, and supplements.

• Posted

OMG Jackson,  I had never heard of this drug before but having done a little online research I am going to try to get it myself.  I read lots of positive reviews from CFS sufferers who have used it - many getting their life back and getting back to work! It doesn't work for everyone but it is definitely worth a try. I don't know whether you are in the US or UK but thank you for the information and I wish you well in its use.  Let us know how you get on!

• Posted

helloo Jackson - I think you go in with an open mind, read the wee leaflet in the carton and then give it a go.  If you know anythhing which works for the pain, tell me - ive had the most horrible 5months and need the pain to stop, and to be able to sleep!  sending you hugs becasue everyone needs one! peta

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.