extra heart beats etc

Posted , 3 users are following.

It is worth looking into the FODMAP diet. It keeps your stomach quiet and therefore helps eliminate the heart extra beats. It has helped me quite a bit. Its a way to identify which food group is upsetting your gut. Worth finding a dietician to get you going. Has anyone tried it?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi annie. Thats great to hear that fodmap alliviates you extra heartbeats.

But with all due respect i beg to disagree on this matter fodmap as far as i know has been known to relieve ibs. Or bowel syndrome. It has nothing to do with heartbeats.. In your case could it be a placebo effect? If its best for you. Continue on.. My best advise would be. Is to see a cardio. Or if you have done so. What was their or his comment? I myself have severe arythmia.. And i know for a fact i would do anything to feel better... Godbless and hope you feel fine the soonest

• Posted

woow annie that good for you i am suffering from ibs since 3 years i have done lot of test  all clear but still i have ibs-------about the extra beat did u do the check up from cardiologist------i have been suffering from heart escape beat and some time when i eat spicy my breathe stops and i burp alot-------i have plenty of ecg which was normal but recently my doc see a sinus pause in my ecg he put me on 24 hours holter ecg machine result ws almost 99%----doc say to me no thing to be worried some time there is sinus pause but it not like that that u need medicine he mention that u r not alone lot of people will face it little bit relax but i request for echo i am waiting for that-----------------still every day i burp i think my heart palpitation or pauses is bcoz of my acid reflux but my cardiologist didnot think that so me to i wanna make it more clear that heart is working perfectly or not-----------i will also suggest as garry11136 suggest that must go to the cardilogist----------plz don,t take any kind of risk in that matter bcoz heart is very important part of our body------only 12 second ecg is not enough plz try to do 24 hours holter ecg and echo to make it more sure that there is no problem-----in my next visit i will discuss to my cardiologist about my pause problem which is not to much but need it to discuss don,t wanna take any kind of risk 
    • Posted

The cardiologist i go to approved the Fodmap diet. It helps reduce gas and therefore reduces missed beats as there is a connection between heart and gut. Its worth a try. Just google. S

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.