7 days off

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm 7 days off now, had some symptoms like nausea, lack of appetite. Some aches and pains. This is the longest I've managed to stay off. I cold turkeyed and switched to trazodone last week. I'm going to have to continue now to give the trazodone a fair trial. How likely is it things will get much worse? Need some reassurance.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi I don't know how that med is I av been cold turkey for 7 weeks now and going well the aches etc lasted 3 weeks but persevered with it glad I did .

• Posted

Hey Jayne

Happy for you doing fine after the cold turkey. I am currently going down on Mirtazapine and am at 8.1Mg slowly tapering down. Can you please tell me why did you take it in the first place..??? Was it for anxiety or depression???

I am really glad you persevered with the suffering. Good Luck in your new life though.

• Posted

It isn't usually recommended to cold turkey. If you're managing fine (i.e. It's bearable) then well done!

Everyone is different though. Some have no wds, others have mild to extreme. For some the wds don't hit until a few weeks later as the brain and digestive system re-balance.

If you find the wds get worse then you may need to go back on and taper down.

All the best!

• Posted

Hi ! I am 4 days off and feeling better than I thought. So far so good. Today feeling little dizzyish but no biggie. Please let us know how you are doing off mirt. I will do the same. Good luck stay positive! 😊 keep busy,and time will pass. Better days ahead.

• Posted

well its hard to say cuz everyone is different. I'm not a doc but if it gets too bad you might want to take very small doses of the mirt for a couple was and longer if you need to. this will give the trazadone time to see how you do on it and keep withdrawal symptoms to a minimum. some people decrease by only 10% of what their dose was for 2-3 was at a time. they do make liquid. I have a pill cutter so you can cut tablets into 4 pieces. or disolve the mirt in water and use a dropper for measurements. again I'm not a doc but it's really not good to stop any med cold turkey depending on dose and how long you have been on it. even if it's not a psychiatric med. i feel gradually is a safer option. I hope you feel better soon. maybe some pepto and coke a cola for tummie and advil or Tylenol for aches and pains. But I have faith things will get better for you. hang in there. and if things are too unbareable talk with your doc.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.