17 years old with gerd for 3 months

Posted , 6 users are following.

So i got gerd for 3 months,symptoms i'm facing are

-lump in throat

-throat tightness

-chest pain

-upper abdominal pain (burning sensation)

-bitter taste

-frequent burp and gas

-dizziness

-pressure in my head

-earache

Doctor suspected i have hypertension because my bp is always high,i've been through echocardiogram,kidney ultrasound scan,kidney mri scan,thyroid screen blood test,ECG,24 hour urine test,24 hour blood pressure monitoring and everything was normal nothing is abnormal

For my gerd,i've been through larynscopy,chest x-ray,CBC and everything was normal.

I have described every of my symptoms to my doctor,the only thing he did was only prescribed me with medications and no explanation.I am waiting for my next appointment with gastroenterologist in a week time.

Medications i took:

Omeprazole (2 months)

Domperidone (2 months)

Amoxicillin (2 weeks)

Gaviscon

Antacids

The most bothering me is my dizziness and feeling weak.I am tired,i just want to feel normal again. I'm sorry if my English is bad.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

In additional i'm constantly feel bloated after i eat.

I drink aloe vera juice and ginger too.

• Posted

sorry about your situation. i was in that situation 2 years ago. i had an upper endoscopy and we discovered i have gastritis and hiatal hernia. i suggest you request for an endoscopy to see the real problem from your esophagus stomach and first part of small intestine. good luck.
  • Posted

Your symptoms sound like extra-oesophageal reflux (see attached image) often referred to as LPR. This is a continuation of the reflux at the lower end of the oesophagus referred to as GERD.

To control LPR, you have to control reflux. Medicines will only control acid (makiing reflux less dangerous) .

Follow the lifestyle changes: lose weight if necessary, don't overfill your stomach (eat little and often) , avoid tight clothing, avoid exercise after food that will compress, tilt or shake the stomach, leave at least 3 hours between your last meal and going to bed, raise the head of your bed by 6 to 8 inches on blocks.

If these measures don't help, you may need to consider surgery (fundoplication) .

See the section on Reflux in the free book / website www DownWithAcid org uk

• Posted

The first thing to say is that our teenage years can be marked by many & various ailments due to the intensive physical changes which unavoidibly occur within our bodies. That said, we are all individuals with different backgrounds & experiences, and so inevitably some will aquire illnesses that others don't. We have no option other than to rely on the professionalism of doctors and consultants but it should be accepted that whilst many are good & capable others are less so. What you should absolutely NOT do is accept any single opinion which dismisses your symptoms as unimportant, and if you do encounter such attitudes you should seek further opinion (as is your right), and ensure that those subsequent meetings are treated as a completely 'fresh look' at things rather than simply having someone insist that the previous diagnosis must have been the correct one. Also, given your age, ensure that a parent or guardian is made fully aware of your symptoms & concerns, and that he or she accompanies you to each of those meetings.

Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.