Chronic sinus infection!!! Help

Posted , 15 users are following.

Hi! I've been sick for going on 4 months now. I've recently found out I need sinus surgery. I have gone through every syptoms and emotion possible. What my question is, is recently I've had panic attacks. Going on about two weeks now. Feel very irritable, angry and tired. Sometimes (and I'm guessing from the panic attacks) I will feel like I'm in a dream state and my eye sight seems extremely clear. I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced these syptoms with a chronic sinus infection! I'm hoping it goes away with surgery. Fingers crossed

Thanks Sara.

0 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes! Same here. Been very down the last two weeks. I have to keep telling myself it's just a side effect from the infection. I'm hoping the surgery helps. My panic attacks have gotten to the point were I feel like I have afibs. Went for a EKG and it was normal. It's so draining

• Posted

Same! I've been with my sinusitis for like 3/4 months already. Pressure all over my face (not TOO bad but can get bad sometimes) and anxiety now. But I get derealization a lot it's scary feels like your losing your mind. When's your surgery??

• Posted

Wow your in the exact same boat as me! Not sure when my surgery is, waiting on insurance. I'm on antibiotics and steroids right now. I'm hoping the panic attacks go away with the surgery

• Posted

Yea basically ! lol I think I was allergic from something from vegas cause that's when it started and it was my first time going . But I actually have swollen turbinates do you? (When I flash a light in my nose it almost looks sealed up it looks swollen inside) how many ENT visits did it fake for them to decide surgery was best? I have my next visit till the 26th it's been like 2 months since I've gone. And I've been on steroid spray for 3 months already and nothing so I hope they don't lag it no more. And regarding your panic attacks who knows. Mine stopped I just have regular anxiety now. Could be you might just have anxiety now too rolleyes hopefully not tho! Try to exercise eat healthy and all that to relieve stress

• Posted

I've only had 3 ENT VISITS BUT IT TOOK 31/2 months to get there. I've also suffered from panic/anxiety for going on 7 years!

• Edited

Hey, i've been suffering with this problem since i was 16, it started out as a strange pain through my head, after it got worse and worse i was eventually diagnosed with a sinus infection, i was put on antibiotics (didn't do sh*t) after 3 months i started honestly thinking i had a brain tumor, living constantly in fear everyday that something was wrong with my brain, i have been on tons of different antibiotics, but nothing seems to work, just recently, i noticed i've been getting these strange feelings through my body, my legs and my head and neck, moving my neck to the left or right makes me feel like i can't breathe, i had a cat scan and everythingg showed up clear, i had a mri done on my brain just incase and everything was good except i have a signus infection (also had blood tests done) i've been feeling like i'm not me, like i can move my arms and legs but it feels like i can't or don't know what i doing, my vision gets all strange almost like it's hd and it honestly scares me, even sometimes feels like i can't talk, i was put on paxil at the age of 17 (about two weeks ago) took it for 4 days and stopped because i read about how hard it is to get off of it, at this point i don't know what to do with myself, every day is a constant struggle, i have a appointment with a ent on friday, i wish you ALL the best.

• Posted

Hello I understand everything you wrote as I have had these symptoms too and thought something was terribly wrong. I have not had anuy scans just bloods which showed raised inflammation markers. Were all your bloods okay? How are you feelign now?X
    • Posted

Still sick! I need sinus surgery and I've been waiting for almost two weeks to get the ok, still nothing! My panic attacks have changed symptoms to where it feels like I can't breath and have heart problems. I feel like it will never end!

• Posted

HiĀ 

that is terrible it makes mine look like nothing, i got deviated septum surgery 8 weeks ago and i am still really bad with mucos, i am on antibiotics, saline rinse and nasel spray and i think its worse now. i really hope you get some relief soon its a really bad complaintĀ 

• Posted

hey! i have the same problem. could you please update me on what happened. this would mean the world to me and thank you!

• Posted

hey i know it's been years u wrote this but, I am in the exact same position. please take take time to read it. My sinuses are kinda infected but the Depersonalization is bothering me too much. I feel it's not me. I feel different, not that i am anxious or anything. This sh*t is making me anxious. I can't see myself in the mirror it feels like a different person. Whenever the sinus gets better I feel normal again. That's scary. How are You Now????

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.