Concerned about a UTI, Any suggestions ??

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi , My name is Kayla and Im recovering an UTI. Never had one so I never knew how much pain I was going to be in . I went to the doctor about a week ago, and was prescrbed with an antibiotic called something with an"S". It stopped the pain I was having the doctor said it will stop the infection. I had blood in my urine so I ask my doctor about that she said it was a kind of normal during a bladder infection kinda made me nervous but I was prescribed to take the medicine for about 7 days but I recently believe I started my menstrual cycle. But I have been bleeding for about 6 whole days and it's really scaring me should I be concerned or is it just because my body is different and I'm experiencing more I'm not sure. Should I wait a little more time or should I go back to the ER? Any response would be very welcome thank you

2 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Go back the longer you wait the worse and painful it can get an bacteria spread to your kidneys an blood. Try to go back as soon as you can
    • Posted

I mean it's around the time I start my cycle but I didnt even think about the side effects. I was prescribed a. But thank u

• Posted

*sulfamethoxazole*
  • Posted

Blood in the urine, for me, is the first sign of a UTI.  My last one was a few months ago now but was significant.  I was prescribed Batrim first and it didn't clear the infection.  My doctor then prescribed 10 days of Macrobid (excellent antibiotic for UTI's since it targets *just* UTI's) and the bleeding didn't stop until around the eighth day of the Macrobid.

Did your doctor, perhaps, prescribe "Cipro" (to the ear would sound like "s"wink?  If so, you should google the side effects.

• Posted

It was called sulfamethoxazole , But yeah I shouldve just googled the side effects. Thanks
    • Posted

sulfamethoxazole is generic Bactrim.  It's a good antibiotic, so perhaps it will do the trick for you.

• Posted

Thanks, Yeah it did the trick 💯💯💯

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.