i sleep a lot

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello,

my problem is i sleep a lot , i heard that a normal adult should sleep 6 hours , but i'm sleeping at least 9 hours and 12 hours in weekends , any help to reduice number of hours ? 

i also have a wierd phenomen , very often i'm stuck in my dream : like i'm telling to my self (inconciently) i can't wake up till I find a solution to this algorithmic or mathematical problem ( i study computer science ) and it's an unsolved (or false) problem so i'm trying to solve it for more then 3 hours then i surrender by  giving an random(false) solution ; it happen to me very often

any suggestion or help is welcome.

thank you.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

First of all, a normal adult sleeps anywhere from 7 to 9 hours, so you are not abnormal! Six hours is a lot less than average for an adult to sleep. I also sleep 8 to 9 hours a night.
  • Posted

Hi , I actually have the reverse problem with not getting anywhere enough sleep which is debilitating but I'm also aware that like yourself sleeping too much can have similar outcomes.

I'm sorry I don't have the solution for you however I do wish you all the best on your journey to find the answer that helps you!

• Posted

Don't worry about the dreaming thing - lots of us have weird, vivid dreams, and they often involve things that capture our attention during the day. I've recently become a bit addicted to "killer sudoku" puzzles, averaging two a day, and I've started finding myself trying to solve them in my dreams!

And as Teresa says, it's perfectly normal for some people to sleep for 9 hours. This is especially true for young people - which I suspect is the case for you.

No part of what you're describing is in any way abnormal, particularly for a young person who is studying hard. At your time of life you have quite enough things to worry about already, so you can cross sleep problems off your list!wink

• Posted

thank you it's very comforting to hear that , but i'm willing to reduice sleeping time to 8 hours or 7 hours.

• Posted

I'm the same with you. I need to sleep moret than 9 hours in weekends. But i don't think it's really a problem to concern. It's the most relaxing time in weekends so we don't need to think of getting up early to study or going to work. A normal adult usually should sleep 7 to 9 hours. 

As for the wierd dream, every of us will dream. It's very possible for us to see something familiar or inconceivable in our dreams. It's nothing to worry about. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.