Still no sign of TN after nearly 10 months!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi everyone,

Just thought I would pop in to give you an update on my TN remission.

For those of you who are new my history of TN has always been 9 months pain and 9 months remission, except for a 6yr break shortly after I retired. But then the TN returned. When I was first diagnosed with TN I think it was the second choice of medication that worked for me, which was Tegretol (Carbamazapine). When the pain got worse I was given Amitriptyline to take at night. Then suddenly the last two bouts I had, medication had to be changed because of bad side effects.

Anyway, I learnt on here that someone took cod liver oil capsules daily and advised us to do the same as she hadn't had TN since. I used to take eyeQ in the past but that didn't stop the TN. Now I take 1000mg cod liver oil capsules with vit A&D. Touch wood, I've had no sign of my TN returning since Jan 2016.

But please check with your GP before taking Cod Liver oil as your on medication.

I also took Raw honey and Ceylon Cinnamon as a drink/spread on bread etc, which I found after a few weeks boost my recall and helped my arthritis etc quite a lot.

However, for me it could still return, but hopefully not.

I hope you all find relief with your pain.

Kind regards

Gloriana

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

It is warming to hear of your continued good health Gloriana. While I personally put zero trust in anything herbal or "natural" as treatment for this condition, I am very happy to hear that you feel it has worked for you. And I would argue that raw honey and cinnamon is a delicious way to feel better! I wish you continued success and please, update the community as you can.

• Posted

Hi Colin,

Thank you for your response, I'm only to glad to pass on anything that may help others. It's always worth trying, as they say, anything is better than nothing!

Yes, I will keep you all posted with updates. I wish you well.

best regards

Gloriana

• Posted

Remission from TN is always a good thing, but I would remind everyone that there is no scientific evidence that cod liver oil has any effect on TN.
    • Posted

Hi Clint,

I agree that there may be no scientific evidence that cod liver oil has any effect. But for me it is still worth trying until scientists say otherwise. Also, it is quite possible that I may be going through a lengthy remission this time around. But I'm not willing to stop taking them just to see if they really work or not. But further time will tell. 

In the meantime I'm benefitting from the health side of Cod liver oil if nothing else.

Thank you for your input.

best regards

Gloriana

• Posted

It certainly won't hurt you, but I thinking people who may be newly diagnosed and desperate. No "natural" or homeopathic treatment is going to make a dent in true TN pain.

• Posted

God morning Gloriana,

a very encouraging report. The raw honey Ceylon cinammon is it something you prepare yourself or is it a product you buy?

Thank you

• Posted

Hi Sharon,

Thank you. You prepare the Raw honey and Ceylon Cinnamon yourself. I think you can get it already mixed but I don't think it is Ceylon Cinnamon they use. Good luck with this and let us know how you get on after a few weeks.

Best regards

Gloriana

• Posted

Great - but I was in remission for nearly two years and thought i had gone but it came back last Christmas worse than ever. I'm having Laser treatment and Vit B12 injections and laser treatment which seems to be giving some relief.

• Posted

Hi Geoffrey,are you in the UK and if so where are you having laser treatment and b12 injections? Good luck !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.