It's all becoming to much!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Been suffering with depression and anxiety for about a year now, it's now becoming unbearable. I don't know what to do. The constant head aches the fact I don't see friends or family. I want to be alone but I also feel so alonesad I spend my days trying to distract my self but it's getting harder to block out the bad thoughts! I just lay in bed it's where I'm most comfortable. I feel so bad on my family they try and get me out the house and out of bed but I just don't want to. I feel like a physically can't and it gets me so upset. I'm constantly thinking Iv lost the plot and it makes me so tired. From the moment I wake up I feel as if I'm not even here, like I'm in a bubble I feel like nothing's real I don't feel connected to anything and it's so scary! It's like I have no control, I just don't want to be here anymore. Iv tried therapy, it helped whilst I was there and for a few hours after but then I would feel the samesad I did a training course called the lighting process but that hasn't seemed to shift anything yet. I was on herbal medication for months but nothing helpedsad my last resort is anti depressants but I really didn't want to take them!

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I can't say what is right for you. And I can't say I know exactly how you feel. But I have felt similarly. It seems like you have tried many options and the medication route is the last one. I would consider going that route if nothing else has worked. I know it isn't always the most pleasant and I have always been resistant to wanting to take meds. But I have been in them for a while now and slowly I felt better and feel better. I still have bad days but as a whole things are looking up. I hope that you can get there too. But if meds are the only thing left and nothing else has really helped I would talk with my doctor.

Hope this helps

B

• Posted

Thank you for your reply! I'll go to the doctors and see my other options x

• Posted

Hi Niamh,

Just read your post and I like yourself am going through exactly the same,so I know how you feel and how your thinking. I also know it is a battle to get through each day......like you i just want to go to my room and be on my own but feel so alone. I also have just read a book called brain switching which I found it to give me alot more unstanding about depression and also how to change my thinking. I am now starting to learn how to keep the negative thoughts from taking over making me feel worse. Please mess me if you want to chat, 

Mary xx

• Posted

Thank you, it's so nice to hear I'm not alone! Are you on anti depressants? X

• Posted

No for sure you are not alone. Yes I am on depressants but I must be honest with you and think I must return to my Doctor and ask him to try alternative as they don't seem to be working after 3 months of being on them. I have been looking for a group to attend in my home town so that I can meet up with other people and not to feel so alone and to share my thoughts and feelings with other's who will understand just what I am going through.

• Posted

The headaches have to deal with issues in the digestive tract. Make a list of everything that you are putting into your body, that includes smoking/caffeine/etc. I will say a pray for you. I think that I can help you. God Bless.
  • Posted

Hi, I'm no expert in the medical field, though I do share the similarity of depression and anxiety with you and I feel for you.

I did not want to be here.

I cannot take anti-depressants as they make me hyper, so I am prescribed beta blockers which calm me and have weened myself off.

I have found one particular thing which has helped me a great deal over the past few months and you may laugh or smirk when I tell you.

Walking, I go on a 2 to 3 hours walk most days of the week.

I forced myself when I first began walking and soon began looking foward to my walks.

I now have a real love of the trees, the birds, the sounds and the smells.

My usual walk is a very large park with ponds, boating lake with birds, fish and is not too busy or remote for me to feel safe.

The scenery is stunning, which never ceases to amaze me.

My walking has made a big difference to my life in the fact I feel alot more positive these days, I am fitter and taking part in life again. 

There's no magic wand we can waive to change things so I decided to make the change myself, regardless of how hopeless I felt and for the first few walks I did I cried and cried, I felt alone, and gradually and slowly I started to enjoy my walks- Until now I cannot imagine my life without them.

I hope this helps you, anything is worth a good try you know.

Take care,

Hazel.

• Posted

Thank you for sharing, i enjoy walking so that sounds like a good idea!

X

• Posted

NIAMH

Go talk to your Docter and discuss your concerns, regarding depression and anxiety.

Sometimes it is the best way whn we need help to fall back to medications. I do not know how old your are or if you are still at school. The most important this is you get help and understanding of why you feel the way you do.

See your Doctor

BOB

• Posted

You are certainly not alone, I too have been fighting it for nearly a year now, doc has put me on some new anti depressants  Mirtazapine only been taking them a week so am hoping they will make life more bearable.

Val x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.