Extremely depressed....I'm very scared

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, I'm 22 years old and I've been having this issue that's scaring me, starting in 2012 I've had blood in my stools off and on since I brushed it off but I have a appt Tues to find out what's going on. I'm so scared it's stopping my life. No bowel cancer in family just crohns and polyps, a little info I don't eat healthy at all which I'm changing and I'm a little overweight not anything crazy and I'm always dehydrated I never drink water just mostly soda, I also have a retrovertered uterus that's tipped toward my back, my stools are thin sometimes I don't really expierence any abdominal pains I'm not anemic and I haven't really expierenced any alarming symptoms except blood and thin stools but I was too afraid to get checked now I'm deathly afraid my automatic assumptions is colon cancer but there's also many causes of my problems but I am so terrified I have a 1 year old son whom I love very much and I'm afraid I won't see grow up I can't stop crying

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

What do you mean your stool are thin sometimes? Are they ever large? Are they never large. If you are are capable of ever doing a large stool then your colon is not obstructed by a tumour. More likely it's diet related.

Your symptoms could be absolutely anything. At your age it is EXTREMELY unlikely that you have bowel cancer. Chill out, and stop drinking soda, etc. You'll be fine. Just wait for the tests. It's takes several years for a significant tuomour to grow so you would have had to have started as a teen. Verrrryyy unlikely.

• Posted

Thanks for replying! I've settled down for the most part, it's just my whole life I've been a hypochondriac I worry myself until I have panic attacks. I googled my symptoms randomly and of course bowel cancer popped up and boom! I was in horrible depression. I honestly don't remember how my stools have been I seldomly look at them until recently I just know there's blood not a extreme amount but sometimes there's quite enough to concern me. My mom said that it could be internal hemmoriods dad thinks it's my diet since 90% I am hydrated and I don't eat well but that's going to change. I'm glad that I'm getting this sorted out Tuesday. It just freaked me out because my son is so young and I love him to death I want to grow old and have grandchildren

• Posted

Always a good idea to get checked out. The worse thing one can do is ignore things. I'm sure you'll be fine.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.