Please help.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've made posts on here before, but I feel the need to make a post now. I had the worst night ever 3 days ago. I saw something that I didn't want to see and it caused me great distress. I'm questioning my gender at the moment and am dealing with intense amounts of anxiety. The post I saw was someone's response to someone saying on mental health day "being transgender is not a mental illness" and the person responded with it saying it's stupid. I started to panic because I felt bad for seeing that. I've been told that being trans is not a mental illness and seeing that hurt me. I felt so nauseous and sick. Even worse, my QPP wasnt any help and misread everything I said. He thought I was involved in friend drama but I wasn't. He got mad at me and said i was getting upset over something that shouldn't upset me. He wasn't helping me calm down. I felt alone and helpless. He's been dealing with a lot too and he wanted space but I kept pestering him. We argued and it made me feel even worse. I felt so bad that my body was shaking. I felt dizzy. I vented to someone about it and they said that being trans is not a mental illness and tried to comfort myself enough to fall asleep repeating their words in my head. Then I started to think I had a personality split and had a member system because I imagined myself talking to my QPP about it once everything blew over and then for some reason my voice sounded robotic. Then I started to think "I'm ciara and I'm their alter and it's been bothering me since then. I should add that I've been around someone who has DID beforehand and my anxiety worsened because I started to think I had DID. Even worse one of my friends was talking about rick and morty and I realized my voice kinda sounds like Morty's so I told them and then I thought that I should change my name to Morty/Mortimer and that made me feel good. But then I started to think I was a fictive of Morty from rick and Morty. None of this has happened before and I don't know if it's because of my anxiety. Please help.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I'm confused.. Why are you upset that people don't consider it a mental illness? Do transgender people want to be known as mentally ill? I'd think it would offend more if they said it was an illness.. There is nothing to be ashamed of.

Just stop overthinking it. People are entitled to their opinions, and trans and the LGBTQ community is a very sensitive subject for many people.

I personally do not have a big understanding of all of this, but I am more than happy to listen to you vent and explain more in detail about it.

It is majorly brave for you to be who you want to be, you should be proud of yourself and not let others words get to you. Just because they're unhappy with their life and want to put others down, doesn't mean you should let it affect you.

• Posted

Oohh. So let them think that. Closed minded people will continue to think all of their views are right. Don't let it get you down. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, although some people weren't raised well enough to realize their words can hurt others.

• Posted

Well that person is WRONG!  i am a lesbian and have many trans friends. The ones I know are very intellegent, educated, well spoken, kind, compassionate and some are very funny, just like any other human being on the planet.  

Some in th lgbtq also have mental illnesses, that does not make them less intellegent, less well spoken, bad or less valuable, they are still important people and very lovable. 

Mental illness is a disease of the body that effects the mind. Most folks with severe mental illness suffered severe child abuse.  We need to, as a communty reach out and help them. They have been hurt badly and trust few. 

the person who said that is ignorant.  Don't let it bug you, we are used to a lot of ignorance toward my community. If you are struggling with this issue and wish to talk privetly, I will be happy to. just PM me. If you are in the US, you can contact the Rainbow Center. I don't know what other countries have for support. You do not have to be gay to go there, Many people who support the gay communty also go there. 

hang in there!

• Posted

Why give a flying f**k about what anyone thinks? They don't live your life, you do, and that's all that matters.

Here's the thing, everyone has their own opinion on absolutely everything. Some people are so set in their ways of thinking, and won't give a second thought no matter how much evidence is presented to them. You're going to run into this your entire life just because everyone is different.

It makes no sense to allow the opinions of others run your life. By getting all worked up over something that you can't change, you're feeding the misconceptions, labels, and stigma, yet starving yourself of joy and happiness. You allowed a stupid comment on the internet to steal your joy, and I'm willing to bet that if you had simply ignored it, you would have had a much happier day, and less stress between you and your QPP.

Here's my opinion on the comment you read. In absolutely no way is sexual orientation a mental illness.

With that being said, there's going to be people that disagree with my statement, but I really don't care. I've got many friends from the LGBT community, and one of them being my best friend. Unfortunately, I lost him in 2010, but through the years he showed me the best friendship I've ever known, and he was nowhere close to having a mental illness.

So, chin up and move on. You can make your life great if you ignore the echos of others.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.