Where do I buy low dose naltrexone in the uk

Posted , 7 users are following.

Tried selinrico was v Ill for 2 weeks need something to help stop drinking but without nasty side effects. I read about low dose naltrexone but not sure where u can buy it? Has anyone tried it or suggest any other medication please xx

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

What you need is Naltrexone 50mg tablets (low dose naltrexone is a different thing).

This is a prescription-only medication in the UK.

Your best shot will be to go back to the doctor who prescribed you the Selincro, explain you are experiencing side effects and ask for naltrexone, explaining you have read that it is a similar opioid antagonist medication and that it seems to cause far fewer side effects.

• Posted

I don't see any of the reputable pharmacy websites selling it. It isn't as freely available as Selincro. Someone may correct me, but I think a private prescription or from abroad may be the only way to go.

• Posted

It's been around since the 60's . It's worth a try. It's fing what works for you.

are the side effects bad? Sometimes they get better after the body adjust to them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.