Neck pain causes terrible dizziness!!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

For the last 6-8 weeks I've had terrible neck pain and the top of my spine is really sore. The pain radiates up my neck into the base of my skull and up behind my ears. The pain gets so much sometimes that it's making me really dizzy and beginning to concern me.

I have earache too which I don't know if it's related.

I saw a physiotherapist about 6 weeks ago and during the session he cracked my neck so I'm wondering whether this is the cause because 'tis pain wasn't there before ????

Please help anyone it's really getting me down

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Why were you at the physiotherapist
    • Posted

I went because I had shoulder pain and it was giving me bad tension headaches, he said my muscles were really tight so he massaged for ages and then cracked my neck both sides and ever since then it's been painful. Some days worse than others

• Posted

Ok......

You should see your Dr he will give you muscle relaxants or antinflamitaries.

For some reason physio's have stopped using traction to help with neck and back pain but you can get a blow up neck collar on ebay for about £15 it can't damage you but I know from experience that it works.

I have one which came from Germany it's the third one I have had and this one is really good (it's red if you are searching). I put it on lying down for about 15min pumped up so that I know its stretching but still comfortable. Then I let the air out and stay lying down for a few minutes.

It does help

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.