Can I work on a laptop during chemo at the hospital?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have my first cycle/treatment at the hospital on Monday. It will be Folfox-6 and the first of 12. I don't what to expect. They say it will last 4 hours. Do you think I will be able to work on my laptop during the process?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I was lucky -didn't have any chemo-

but I suppose it's okay if you feel like using your laptop during the process.

May feel tired ? See how you feel.

Speak to doc/nurse where treatment takes place ?

Good Luck

Hope you'll soon be feeling a lot better.

• Posted

Hello Zowie yes you will be able to use your laptop I use mine I am on my second treatment currently and thursday will be my 3rd. Durring the actual treatment day you will feel fine its the following days I get all my symptoms..days 3 and 4 then they ease off again however I am folfox 5 and it takes 2 days for my treatment. 2 hours in the hospital then 46hrs at home ...but everyone is different ...ypu need to take each day as it comes...I have been working durring my treatmemt either at home or at school...just be sensible and listen to your body..I also didnt realise fatigue is not just being tired it also covers being irritable intolerant to others being snappy etc...good luck with your first treatment and let us know how you get on 😊 x

• Posted

Thanks! Then I will take my laptop. That should make the time go more quickly. FYI Folfax-6 treatement lasts 48 hours, but is fed intravenously through a bottle connected to a port at home for most of that time. Ick! I wonder if I'll get special powers?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.