Jaw movement triggering dizziness?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am suffering from dizziness since 6 months and doctors are trying to diagonise it. Currently they suspect its menieres disease. But recently i found out something interesting. When I am talking for a long time I am getting dizzy and also right after eating. I am also became sensitive to sounds. Is this happening to anybody?

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Yes. My brother will call me on the phone and talk for hours. Makes me dizzy bad. Very sound and light sensitive as well. Doc suspects menieres as well. Been dealing with this for 10 years but has been getting worse.
  • Posted

Mastication (chewing) is known to sometime induce vertigo in patients with a prior history of unilateral vestibular problems.

Eleftherios S. Papathanasiou, PhD, FEAN

Clinical Neurophysiologist

Fellow of the European Academy of Neurology

• Posted

Oh my god ! Finally i found someone exactly the same as mine. I have the same symptoms but no one can find out what is the problem with me.
    • Posted

My symptoms are unsteady and off balance all the time . I have to lean on things while walking at home and i have to take someone when i am out to lean on ,Shortness of breath .i can notice that speaking ,eating doing any effort tigger it to vertigo that spinning feeling .but most of the time i have that off balance feeling.after eating certain food like wheat or diary it gives me a head pressure.i have tried betaserc , stugeron and stemtil nothing has worked for me.
  • Posted

Just a thought but some people who have their wisdom teeth find that once they are removed they feel better, something to consider. They also say TMJ can cause dizziness. You should also consider food allergies.
  • Posted

Absolutely!

My right jaw joint hurts for years from dental surgeries, after seeing many chiro for neck pain, one of them said I have my jaw shifted 40 degrees, after massaging it I suffer the worse vertigo yet.

• Posted

I was told a bunch of stuff years ago. Note off. Theres a tiny bone in there can be infected. Wisdom teeth problem. Nerve angry from wisdom teeth being taken out.
    • Posted

Bite off. Stupid auto correct
    • Posted

I think all the chiro and such they can do some stuff but to get rid off menieres first maybe start from nutrition and see if Body can correct itself..
    • Posted

Changed diet years ago. Watch it very close. No help. Been 2 months since it's really gotten worse. Just don't let up.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.