post conjuctavitas problems

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've just gotten over conjunctavitas but now struggle to open my eyes in the morning. The eyelids seem stuck together. Any ideas or suggestions?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

if no eyes discharge, use lubricant eye drops. Unless you have to use antibiotic drops too.
    • Posted

thanks. I'm using the eye drops again and will see how that goes

• Posted

Need to find out if conjunctivits is bacterial or viral.

If viral, it will take a long time.  If bacterial then antibiotic ointment may help

Simple idea - hot flannel and wipe carefully along the lids.  Keep doing it for about 5 mins.  Also use some moisturising drops.

• Posted

thanks Jak

I think it's viral becasue most of my family have had it and passed it on. i'm using the eye drops now

• Posted

Dry eye can cause conjunctivitis because the lack of secretions make the eye vunerable. Dry eye causes eyes to be stuck to eyelids when you wake because tears are not formed during the night when eyes are closed. See an optician to check of it persists, they can look at your tear ducts and see what's going on. Good luck.

• Posted

thanks Nicky

that's helpful....I didn;t think of tear ducts

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.