Can't take it anymore please help

Posted , 5 users are following.

So for the last 3/4 years I have been itchy down there. I've not changed wash powders etc I stopped using shower gels to wash and just used water. Been to drs at start and they did swabs and all came back negative so never went back but it's actually taking over my life. I don't want to go out in case I have a sudden urge to itch.

It's intensely itchy on the outside but if I do itch it's sore inside but it's a vicious circle cos so intense that I have to itch.

Any ideas

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

You need to go back and ask to be sent to a gynaecologist and they will help you more I went years with a slight itch but very sore I had a biopsy done this morning now got to wait and see what it is , are you in menopause because this. could Be to do with that go back and get the help you need don't suffer

• Posted

Kelly,

I had the exact same problem for years, even waking up at night clawing at myself because of the itch and causing everything to bleed.  After no help from doctors, I eventually came down with gastroenteritis and couldn't eat for a week: and the itch disappeared completely!  That gave me the idea that I was sensitive to certain foods and reacting.  So as I started to eat again after the gastro, I slowly re-introduced individual foods and bingo, it turns out that the itch returned whenever I ate any of the foods in the potato family.  This includes potato, tomato, chilli, eggplant (aubergine), capsicum (bell peppers) and tobacco.  If I avoid eating these foods, the itch subsides and if I eat them, back it comes again.  If I inadvertently eat any of these (it's sometimes difficult to avoid, particularly tomato or potato products) I will then take an antihistamine to take the edge off the itch.  But for the best results, I just stop eating the foods that I now know make me itch.  I hope this helps you. 

Minamii

• Posted

Hi. Ok you really need to go to ur doctor or nurse asap. If you have been itching that long then it's obvious there's something wrong and you probably need a biopsy. I've had vin 3 on my labia minora and although I have 3 raised little lumps another indication can be perlonged itching. Or it may actually be exezema (don't think i spelt that right). But seriously get urself checked and take care.

• Posted

Sorry guys only just seen these replies. I've been back last week as I suspect lichen sclerous and gp thinks same. I'm back next week for full examination and possible referral. Hopefully I'll get some answers very soon and get some treatment

• Posted

Mine finally ENDED when I began drinking WATER to flush myself out.  It was due to being DEHYDRATED.  Gone in ONE DAY.  Gynecologist had no idea what it was.  I couldn’t find any reason for it either.  Drank water throughout the day, glass at night before bed and also in morning.  I had prayed and asked the Lord to heal. It was immediately afterward I realized I don’t drink water much at all. It’s GONE.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.