This is just hell

Posted , 9 users are following.

Ive really had enough now. 8 weeks now back on 15mg of mirt and i am going through sheer hell. My anxiety is through the roof im yet again off work have been 2 weeks now and i cant go on like this anymore. I fainted through the night on fr/sat. I awoke feeling very sick got up and sat on toilet and felt the faint coming on so slumped to the floor in bucketa of sweat. I didnt pass out completly but took almost 30 mins to recover enough to sit up then was violently sick. It was so bad i thought i was going to loose control of bodily functions!

Ive had horrible what i can describe as restless leg syndrome but its all over my body for weeks now and i feel sick almost all the time. The doctor is so insensitive and feel im just being fobbed off. Ive tried other doctors but always told i need to see the same doctor. I really feel this drug is causing all my problems and its a side effect but i tried coming off this in august with horrendous side effects where i was hospitalised. Doctor tried other ads but being sensitve had awful side effects. So put me back on these. Now i dont know what to do i cant afford to lose my job and cant afford to be off. Dont get sick pay as dont earn enough. I dont feel like me anymore just a walking shell of myself in constant pain and anxiety

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Dear kelly.

I am so sorry to read this. It seems like your "level" is trying to get to "normal" again. How long have you been off? I mean, could you write the history of dosages here?

• Posted

Hi neo im not off the mirt im still on 15mg.

History

Nov started 15mg

Jan upped to 30mg couldnt tolerate so back down to 22.5mg but still not toleratw so back to 15mg

Felt still sedated through the day so from march/april time was on 7.5mg

In july due to still sedative effects through the day andnsevere ibs was told to come off to see if this was the cause and they would try me on something else after a week

4 days later severe withdrawl effects kick in and told to start dosulipin an ad id been on previously for years until it pooped out

Week later end up in hospital for a week dehudrated and in severe pain with stomach

Many blood tests scans etc nothing so sent home still the same after a week so told to stop the dosulepin straight away and try sertraline which had a terrible reaction to so only had one tablet and they said to start mirt back at 15mg so here i am now

Been on this dose now 8 weeks first couple weeks fine but steadily gotten worse

• Posted

Oh, i am really sorry for how you feel. Hope it will go away soon. Let us know! By the way I also feel very sedated during the day, plus I have constant malaise (flu-like) feelings. I also think it is Mirtazapine causing this.
    • Posted

Thank you the sedative effect i can tolerate barely but the ticking feeling and now fainting i cannot and the anxiety just stops you doing anything. I ised to be a jappy normal mum of 3 sons now i feel like ive been robbed of life. Tell me do you feel normal on mirt i wake up every morning just feeling surreal not me at all. What dose are you on for hiw long etc and what for intially of you dont mind me asking
    • Posted

It is OK, Kelly.

Well, short introduction (by the way sorry for english, I am Czech). I am 28yo, male, having great job (a little stressful - project manager), no financial or other problems. Last year in November I felt into depression/anxiety - I could not eat, I could not sleep ... several meds were tried (Trazodone, Citalec). Finally I ended up with Lexapro and Mirtazapine. I have been on these since February. Mirtazapine 15mg. In May I decided to go lower, so I directly went to 7.5mg. No severe WDs have appeared. But anyway there are some really annoying - malaise, fatigue, backache, joint and muscle aches. When I wake up in the morning, it is very difficult, I feel drugged, not relaxed at all, back stiffness. All the symptoms ease during the day.

• Posted

Yes drugged is the right word! the trouble is yes it wears off just in time to take the next dose! I have the muscle problems mainly legs and neck. I like you suffered depression anxiety in november but it seems to come from any stressful event in my life. Mine this time was my mum dying suddenly in march last year. Id coped amazinly well to which i now see as being still in shock and having to deal with funeral my dad etc but all came to a climax in the august severe depression not eating for weeks wanting to die etc. Im tempted to try and cut the dose to 7.5mg again to see if this reduces anxiety etc but then i worry the depression creeps back . Your english is great by the way.

• Posted

Thank you Kelly. I use English on daily basis @ work, however I know it is not perfect :-) Well, finally, to be honest, I am pretty happy that I found somebody suffering the almost the same symptoms as I do! I am only 28 but, as you wrote, I've also been suffering with legs ache, back ache (from neck to hips). As the day goes by, I feel better and better (not always, not to the same level, but mostly better). in the evening I feel pretty well, I take a pill, I am falling asleep with very nice feeling of tiredness, but then ... BOOM - morning, light anxiety, nausea, terrible stiffness especially in my back, etc. Seems to be the meds indeed.

• Posted

One doctor described me as a mystery. Youre young and otherwise fit so having to deal with that at youre age is awful. I think i forget that im 43 and think i should still fell like i did in my 20s but to be jonest i feel more like an 80 yrs old. I have so much going on from ibs to migraine to feeling like a menopausal serial killer! One day im hoping i wake up in a different body!
    • Posted

I wish you it to happen to you! To wake up and feel just OK ...
  • Posted

Kelly

I'm so sorry to read what an awful time you are having - many of us on here have been through the hell of extreme anxiety and we can relate to your problems. Hopefully just sharing your story will help a little. It's easy to say there is light at the end of the tunnel but you have got to believe it - but it takes time and the right medication and dosage . At the moment you have a no. of options. Stay on Mirt and try and get through but after 8 weeks it should have been working if it was going to help. We can offer suggestions on here but you have to go back to your doc. today  and insist on more help and  to talk through how you can go forward and recover - with other help such as cognitive behaviour therapy.  Don't be fobbed off by being told to increase the dose of Mirt. to see whether that will help - higher doses won't help your extreme anxiety.  You are obviously worried silly about your job but if you had gone down with a physical illness  you would have time off to fuilly recover. You need time to recover from the mental trauma you are in - it's no different and worrying about your job is just making it far worse. You can't fight it and you can't make it go away quickly but you can and will recover. Believe me - I've been there. So just accept you need help and the right medication so go back to your doc. and don't leave until you are happy with what is suggested for you. Best wishes

• Posted

Thank you so much for your support. I just feel when i go to the doctors i just get the look of "god not her again" i seem to be there every week. I cant get an appointment with a doctor who truly understands its all just straight out of textbook youngsters and the doctor im usually seen by is always booked solid for weeks so then they just give me any doctor. I do all the breathing techniques etc for the anxiety but nothing helps. Im convinced now its the mirtazapine. I always had depression started about 8 yrs ago after splitting for the boys dad and i ended up with m.e but i was on an old tricylic drug called dosulepin and it worked well for me up until i lost my mum last march and it stopped working. long story short severe depression wanted to die hadnt eaten for weeks so oct last year i was given mirtazapine. It did the job it was suppossed to but they kept tweaking the dose but i never found a happy medium wasnalways left feeling so drowsy and ibs totally out of control. So was told in april time to try just a half a tablet so was taking 7.5mg till july but it didnt make a difference so the doctor said to try amd come off so i did straight away i felt better but had trouble sleeping and 4 days later the horrific withdrawl effects started so they decided because i was sensitive tonso many ads that they would try the old one dosulipn again but i ended up so ill and felt suicidal and ended up in hopital for a week with extreme stomach pain. Anyway after much tests and sent home symptoms continued so here i am now back on the mirt for last 8 weeks. The first couplenof weeks i was fine not great but the stomach pain had gone but now i feel like my whole body is toxic! I really cant believe one little tablet could cause this much hell. I just want to feel normal again

• Posted

Kelly

It helps a lot to hear more of your story and the rocky road you have been along. I know exactly what you mean about worrying about frequent visits to the doc but unless there is someone else you can talk to it's their role to help you however much time it takes. Don't worry for one minute about it - it's getting you back to wellness that's important. I know all about deep breating and relaxation exercises but when  anxiety is sky high there is no way I could control it but as you get better then you you can bring in these techniques.  I found gentle exercise and doing something to take my mind away fromthe extreme anxiety helped You clearly have lost confidence in Mirt and if it is not working after 8 weeks why should it work after a longer period?. The only thing I would say is that I had ups and downs on Mirt (I still do but am on a lower tapering dose) but now I know a better day will follow a bad day/night and I just got  through it. So unless your current high anxiety was precipitated by an event last week and you are starting to feel better being off work, then it is time for you to go back the doc and talk it through again about getting off Mirt. But what ever they say do it very slowly. Ask him/her to arrange for some CBT therapy or other help to go alongside medication and yes if you need to be there every day -it doesn't matter as long as you are working to get yourself well. Todays a new day on  that journey with still lots of ups and downs to be encountered on the way in this life we lead !

• Posted

Thank you so much for youre support.

I am waiting for a call from "a" doctor yet again. The pins and needles all over my left side is awful. Some days its pins and needles other days its like im being tickled all over. I cant even do the housework withoit feeling exhausted and needing to sit down. Im sure they think im a hypochondriac. I wish i was! I certainly dont want to feel like this. I want to be well enough to be able to work not so incapacitated im afraid to go out. Ive had so many blood tests and i know apart from severe ibs there is nothing serious wrong there. But i just feel there is something being missed somewhere. Ive been lethatgic for years and 7 yrs ago they just labeled it as m.e. i get b12 injections every 12 weeks for last 10 yrs but it makes no difference to my energy at all

• Posted

Kelly

I never cease to be amazed about the many symptoms anxiety can cause - not just the common ones of sleeplessness, nausea,palpitations, ibs etc but the all the aches and pains. And of course ME is now widely recognised. So just accept you have anxiety and ME and the symptoms you have are real but you will find ways of coping one step at a time. I really found forcing myself to do gentle exercise helped with exhaustion and lethargy. Why not join an yoga or aerobics class ? but don't force yourself to do things that really  stress you out and make things worse. I gave up junk food and coffee and take regular supplements of b vitamins, omega fish oils and magnesium. Not sure how much it helped but since there is some evidence then I'll go along with it.  Banish those negative thoughts like saying 'calling the doctor yet again' - a positive thought is am going to call him and he damn well is going to help me !. And you're not a hypochondriac - you have like millions of others a problem precipitated by lifes events and like those millions you will get better but it will take some time !. Honestly.

• Posted

Hi my cloud, I'm 55 years old women and never had anxiety or depression in my life until they put me on mirtazopen 7.5 mg. I had nause and was loosing waight that's why they put me on. 1 years ago. Since than I have terrible haedache 24/7 pins and middle heat in my head every day. And bad anxiety Try to come off 2 times no succsess. Went to fast. I was listening to my doctor. Now I try to do it much slower. Done to 3.8 mg and steel eating and sleeping with it. What I try to say is a good med for so many people but very powerful med. sometime even a small dose can help. What I learned people have suffer after they're stop this med for long time.. But slowly is should get better. If is did not work for you for 8 weeks probably is not going to help. Try to ask other med or slowly come off this one. Good luck 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.