Back on mirtazapine

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I stopped mirtazapine 10 days ago and started trazodone but started having major panic attacks all day yesterday so ended up taking my original dose last night instead of trazadone. Still panicking today. How long will it take for the mirt to get back in my system and should it be OK that I hopped straight back on it?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

What dose are you at?  I think it usually works within a few days, for most, some 4 days, some 10 days, different people take different amount of time.  I think you may well also be suffering from WD of the Trazadone, one to watch also.

I hope you have a quick turn around now, CT can be absolute hell to go through as well as dangerous,.  I would settle yourself fully before trying any more changes to an already sensitised CNS.  Try and look after yourself, most horrid drug to CT from.

For a full inofrmed choice, click on my name and follow the links re doing a slow planned taper if and when you are ready.

Best wishes Sunshine.

• Posted

back on 30mg. I was only on traz 9 days. Will I get withdrawals from the traz after so little time on it?
    • Posted

Hi

I think you'll be ok with reinstating any Traz after only 9 days Sunshine.  

You know I think it should be made a legal requirement for the big Pharma drug companies to manufacture all AD's and Benzo's in 10% decreasing dosages .... makes my blood boil reading of so many people suffering trying to taper these powerful anti psychotic drugs.

?

Rant over 

• Posted

Can't win ...

I think you will be fine after only 9 days.

Fingers crossed the reinstatement works for you very soon.

• Posted

everyone is different so it's hard 2 say but stopping mirt and starting trazadone and then stopping trazadone and starting mirt has confused your system stay with one or the other or take a half or quarter of traz with the mirt to give your mind time to adjust. it can take up to a couple of wks to level off but not with everyone. try doing slow breathing keep busy so you don't focus on your symptoms as much or read or whatever you like to do can be helpful too. hang in there.you will be fine before you know it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.