Very worried

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi looking for some advise please .on the 18th sept my husband took realy unwell.he was in hospatail and I was told he had labernthitis.he is still waiting for a appointment to see a ent co sultan.the dizzy ness and vertigo has went but my husband is a completely differnt person which I'm finding realy hard to watch.he forgets things and has bad concentration.we have been married 24years and I do not know this man who he is just now .will he ever be himself again ?

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Was dizziness and vertigo the only symptoms, or were there others?  Was he able to walk?  Was he very clumsy in his walking? Did he have fever?

Eleftherios S. Papathanasiou, PhD, FEAN

Clinical Neurophysiologist

Fellow of the European Academy of Neurology

• Posted

Ih I he had dizziness vertigo felt sick fever high blood pressure had to hold on to the wall to go to the toilet as he felt he was going to fall down.he was in hospatail for 3days in that time they did two brain scans that showed nothing wrong .he was sent home with no medication we were told he was. Refers to a ENT consultant still waiting for a appointment to come in 
    • Posted

Not one but two normal brain scans is a good sign.  The fever is noted, and may agree with the labyrinthitis diagnosis.   However, all things being equal an ENT consultation is essential.

Eleftherios S. Papathanasiou, PhD, FEAN

Clinical Neurophysiologist

Fellow of the European Academy of Neurology

• Posted

He spends his day watching tv or on the iPad has no interest in anything that gose on around him "his personal tie has completely changed 

• Posted

if you are in uk go to your gp and then hospital. If very worried go to A and E. This only works in the uk, but most people here seem to be in the U S. Sorry not  to be more help and good wishes

• Posted

The vertigo and dizziness can cause some confusion, trouble concentrating, disorientation. Plus the stress. I had trouble doing simple math that I did every day for 27 years. If you suspect more, you should contact the docs office.
    • Posted

What are your qualifications please? You comment on many problems. Just a query?

• Posted

None. Just tell people my situations. What i have experienced. Going to a doctor should always be your first move. This is a forum. Not a medical clinic.
  • Posted

Hi - if you are worried I would go back to GP.  As long as the brain scan is OK he could have anything vestibular.  I have had migraine associated vertigo now for four years, it does make you depressed so he could have depression.  But the best course of action would be to go back to GP.
  • Posted

That happens to a lot of us with an inner ear illness like labyrinthitis or vestibular neuritis. Brain fog is what we call it. I'm 6 months down the track with mine and a lot better but it can take time. He will get there. It's a scary and very frustrating illness. I was not the person I was before I had mine! But he will recover, just realise it takes time

• Posted

Thank you so much melody your message has gave me hope,I am still learning myself about this I had never heard of it before my husband took not well xxxxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.