After surgery pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello

I am new to the group. I have read many forums after my surgery which I am now on day 6. They lasered inside and out. Lots of hemroids! I can say I should have done my homework prior as I likely would not have had the procedure done. My hemriods inside were quite large but only caused bleeding, no pain or disomfort. The doctor however wanted me in ASAP to have them removed. The pain afterwards is undiscribable. I do not know how many times I almost fainted going to do the #2. Peeing was a task, my only position which was barely successful was standing or laying down in the bath tub, I'm a girl and this was not fun. Only to pee a tablespoon at a time. Baths and ebson salts were my retreat. I ran out of pain killers on day 5 and of course it is a long weekend. I was going to call my doctor on day 6, a Monday to get refills. That night, another can't sleep, can't pee and so much pain kind of night I decided to try my Advil Arthritis Pain pills. OMG!! I awoke with the I have to pee but why try feeling. I enter the bathroom, I felt different, I decided why not and attempt to sit to pee, no pain??? I then had the most glorious pee of my life!!! I then realized I can sit!! Again discomfort but NO PAIN!!! AGAIN I CAN SIT!!! You have to remember sitting is a big issue period. Then I thought, my Advils are a antiflammitory and heck everything down there is inflamed!! Not anymore!! I will continue with these and my stool softner and a healthy diet. Things are looking good now. I was worried I would have to wait weeks before I would even feel an ounce better but now there is hope smile

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Sounds ok. Good thing you didn't wait. I suffered for years and waited too long. Had Grade 4 thrombosed external

• Posted

I was not informed prior and most is my fault for not looking further into it. After the procedure agsin was not informed what to expect, what recommendations to use if discomfort. Just sent hime with pain killers and a suggestion of stool softners. I think patients should be sent hime with a package on " What to expect and suggestions on releif, when you should call your doctor" ect.... I was told prior that I should be back to work with in 5 days!! I drive a city bus!! Can you imagine the pain I would have been in!

• Posted

I waited too long and post post surgery time to heal is much extended. Now on 2.5 weeks. 2 steps forward and one step back

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.