This dizziness...

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all. I'm on day 25. i have had every side effect possible and while most have gone away, the one that keeps coming back is dizziness. Has anyone else experienced this so far into the process? I was really hoping that 3 weeks was going to be the "magic" number. The dizziness isn't constant (which is an improvement from the beginning), but I have it just about every day. I would so appreciate some encouragement and would love to know if anyone else has had a similar experience. Thanks friends!

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi, yes i've had dizziness for quite a while, i'm now having it much less if at all, I am 12 weeks in and currently on 40mg. It should ease and you'll begin to feel better, its very hard, but if you can stick with it and give it more time, you'll get there x

• Posted

Thank you so much! It is just so comforting to hear that I'm not the only one. It's hard to keep going when you feel so bad but I know I need to. Xx

• Posted

It took me 12 weeks for all side effects I had to go (with exception of bowel movements but enough said about that one) I got dizziness but I would say it was lack of eating that caused mine (I lost over 10Ilbs in weight!!!)

3 weeks for side effects to go is rather optimistic but everyone is different. I found it best to take everyday as it comes try not to focus on bad side effects more on the side effects you no longer suffer with. It does get better .

• Posted

Thank you Woo! I think my anxiety has also gotten worse which is making me focus more on the bad. You are right about needing to focus on the positive. Xx
  • Posted

Hi Jennifer I too am suffering with dizziness and as I worry about health anxiety this is freaking me out. I've been taking florextine for about 2 months now but my anxiety is the worse it's ever been x

• Posted

I'm sorry. I'm in the same boat with the health anxiety - it's miserable.

• Posted

Thank you! I've been better this afternoon. How has your day been? Xx

• Posted

Glad you are having a better day! I haven't been too bad today but legs have been sore and a bit shaky. Good news is anxiety seems less and I finally feel like eating smile Doctor says give it another week on the 20mg and check in again.

• Posted

That's good that you're able to eat! Sounds like your doctor is staying on top of things too, which is great. Xx

• Posted

Yes, for the most part my doctor is very good but I do wish he would have warned me about potential side effects before I had to call the office ... he seems confident that the 20mg is right for me so we're sticking with it for now. I keep reminding myself that once I'm better it all will have been worth it!

• Posted

Starting week 9 and on the main symptoms have settled and things are much better. Hold on and just keep going......... We are changing the chemical make up of the body by taking the drug so it is no wonder the body fights back with symptoms. Things do settle and everyone is different but in the main things are much better... Good luck
    • Posted

Thank you! I am definitely going to keep trying, even though it's hard sometimes. Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.