Has Prozac given you more anxiety spells

Posted , 5 users are following.

I started on 10mg Prozac on Sept 15 and now after a month am doing 20mg per day. I can say that I am grateful that already I have noticed a decrease in depression; but seems like my anxiety is some worse...especially in the mornings.And sometimes I just feel 'weird'...I know this is a poor way to describe it, but not sure what other word to use!

Does this (especially anxietyeventually 'go away' or get better...and does this sound familiar to anyone else? I would really appreciate hearing from any of you. Thank you to all.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I'm on 20mg of flu and could not handle anything more of it. For me it's been 9 months to get relief. Interesting for me I started with some supplements i think I was deficient with. Magnesium, zinc and b6. For me it has been a big relief. Took alot of studying on it but so far I'm very happy with. Prayer's and hope this group finds releif from this condition

• Posted

Hi Betty,

I would say that all of that sounds completely normal. You're, what, about 4 weeks in? I'm right behind you at 25 days and still dealing with numerous side effects - feeling weird is a great way to describe it. Everyone on here has been SO supportive and encouraging, and they assure me that this will indeed pass. Hang in there! Xx

• Posted

Hi Betty, whenever I've started fluoxetine it has always given me anxiety, it could be a side effect but I would keep going as it's working for your depression which is fantastic smile

• Posted

You are changing the chemical make up of your bodies system so it is no wonder that your body will fight against it giving symptoms until it all settles. This can take weeks or months to sort its self out but it will all settle eventually. I am 9 weeks in and still get the odd symptom, anxiety, bowel..... But they never last long and on the main things are much better

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.