Depression

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi my name is Mark Lewis 31 years ago I've had conjunctivitis I woke one morning to find both sides of my face slightly swollen the right more than the left after great search I ended up in London in a Moorfields Eye Hospital when I was told that I had a rare form of blepharitis in all eyelids to look at me you wouldn't really know but my eyes are slightly swollen underneath which for a guy my age can be possible my blepharitis is a gnawing pain when I occasionally get a attacks of acid material coming from the lower lids which burns the conjunctive of my eyes these attacks can happen once a day 20 times a day I was told there's nothing they can do for me but after 31 years I struggle with depression and anxiety having to put up with it on a daily basis I do not work because of it I am a strong person my day is not a good day I'm in bed by 6 p.m. most nights trying to get rest but it's on 24/7 and it's hard to live with I know the blepharitis can be very mild as well but mine is a a rare form and the symptoms not only are they under my eyes but they play on the nerves of my face I would be so grateful if there was anybody else in this situation to reply some days I'm at my wit's end yours very very sincerely Mark in the UK hugs

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Use no tears baby shampoo, and Tea Tree Oil, One or trops of the oil, and a spot of the shampoo the size of a dime. Wash your face with, close your eys first and rub along the rim of your eyes with your fingers. Then rinse with cold water which is good for the inflamation. moisterise your face with a very gentle moisteriser. Use systane eyedrops,(no presertives). Also take fish and flaxsees oil.
  • Posted

Hi Mark, I'm not in your position but couldn't ignore your post. I'm so sorry you are suffering as you are and sincerely hope you receive help via this forum. I had no idea bleph could be that bad. All the best, Pamela

• Posted

Hi Mark,

Have you researched using Manuka Honey +20?  You could put that on all the roots of your lashes...inner and outer....for 15 minutes... and then rub the honey into your eyes to rid the eyes of bacteria.  Do it morning and night...and at night let the residue stay on your eyes all night.  If you are interested, Google...manuka honey and blepharitis.  I have posterior bleph and clogged glands....been doing the honey for four months now and have no symptoms.  Couldn't hurt to try.  I provide more information on a thread on this site entitled, "Using Manuka Honey to cure Blepharitis."  I have not been pronounced cured by a doctor....haven't been back to my eye doc yet....but my symptoms are gone and have been for a few months.  If you haven't tried it, it might be worth a shot....Take care, Dawn

• Posted

By the way Mark,  I also have conjunctivitis and those symptoms are gone too....Dawn
  • Posted

Hi Mark, 

youve probably checked out the other discussions on this site and seen other posts I and others have made describing treatments which have been helpful. At the risk of repeating myself I use the following: shampoo my eyelashes with Johnsons baby shampoo undiluted morning and night followed by heat mask for 10 minutes after which I wipe my eyes with facial wipes. I used to use wet wipes but after a while they irritated my eyes. Then I use. Carmellos preservative free eye  drops. Daily I take 6000mgs omega3   Capsules which improved the inflammation tremendously. I also take a strong antihistamine. I'm posting before this crashes.

• Posted

Hi Mark, I am surprised that Moorfields told you there was nothing they could do for you.  I was referred there last year & was seen at the beginning of the year & as well as the problem that was the reason for my referral, the Consultant told me that I had slight posterior bleph & prescribed  Azithromycin drops & went through the cleaning regimen with me.  My eyes have been much more comfortable since but it is a long term condition, which we all know.

Did Moorfields give you the option of going back?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.