Mrs Crabby pants on mirtazapine!

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been on 30mg of mirtazapine for about 6 weeks and lately I've have been so crabby it's like I have permanent pmt! Everything really annoys me! And the slightest thing gets on my nerves and I feel full of rage! Other then that I feel happy! Has anyone else been really crabby on mirtazapine?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I'm far less irritable since I started reducing the dose. I'm static on 22.5mg at the moment because I have a couple of stressful events imminent. I noticed a difference about 2 weeks after reducing. My dose was increased to 45mg for depression, but this just replaced the depressive symptoms with heightened anxiety..... and Mrs Grumpy! I also take Venlafaxine 225mg, another dose that was increased due to depressive symptoms. But I'm actually starting to wonder if these higher doses did nothing but exacerbate the anxiety symptoms. They say that depression goes in peeks and troughs, so perhaps I may have recovered without the extra doses. Who knows.

But in answer to your question yes this dose could have opened the door to "Mrs Crabby"!

Good luck xxx

• Posted

I have come to realize I can't take antidepressants, I know they can do a lot of people good, but not me, but I do feel Mirtazapine are one of the worst ones that I have taken, they make me more anxious and grabbby, as you might say, I am coming off them and feeling very anxious, go a bit calmer of a night,but days are terrible, never felt good on them... do hope they work for you  smile

• Posted

I wasnt too bad on 15mg when but it was increased to 30mg was awful.  I was so irritable and angry and swearing at the cats etc.  I hate bad language so it was a good job I live on my own.  When I told the pysch she just laughed and said I would be worried if you were swearing in public.  It's hopeless, these people have tunnel vision, EVERYTHING is put down to depression or anxiety whether it be physical illness or not.  Anyway, I thought blow this and started cutting them down gradually to 3.75mg and have stopped altogether now.  I dont feel great but then I never do with other physical problems and maybe some anxiety but would hate to go back on them again.  I still feel lump a fat lump even though I have only been on the 3.7mg for a month or so. Would have hoped I could lose the weight I put on due to them.

• Posted

"like" a fat lump lol.  brain quicker than fingers (for a change)!

• Posted

if you don't mind me asking have you tried only a half tablet. Make sure you ask your doc cuz I'm not a doc. I have experience with mess that I have taken but it is still not a professional and I graduated a medical assistant program back in 1997. Did clinical research with psych meds for 5 yr and worked primary care and obgyn but left the medical field in 2005. lower doses can be more sedating for some people. higher doses cam help with the depression side for some people. the max dose is 45 mg. u can try a half tab for a couple was to see if that helps or a tablet and a half for a couple of wks. again check with doc tho. and I'd your age . I'm 46 and sometimes I think it's from mirt. but then I have researched on perimenopause and menopause which causes hormone fluctuations which can cause a whole bunch of symptoms similar to side effects of mirt. Vitamin b12 b6 etc help with mood anxiety stress etc from what I've read. And vitamin D runs low in many ppl without knowing so that is another good vitamin to take or a multivitamin. I'm srry your having a hard time. some ppl also get SAD this time of yr but that would affect your energy and depression more than irritability. if your over 40 read up on the peri/meno symptoms. I hope this helps a lil. my regards mom s

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.