Horrible Breakout...Never Ending Problems After.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Background: I had these very painful skin splits vaginal opening. They were triangle shaped coming out from the opening and were white in color. Went to the doctor, told it was herpes and tested positive for hsv2.

It took me a month and a half to heal, and continued to have pain down there with sex. Then I started having reoccuring breakout's every time I had sex & pain from scar tissue. The doctor said it was friction. Now I have gotten my breakouts under control and haven't had one in a few months. Things seemed to be getting better until now.

But here's the thing. I had been on depo provera before I was diagnosed with my first break out. I believe the cuts or whatever you call them was not caused by the herpes but my birth control which caused me to be dry, my vaginal skin to become vulnerable and not elastic enough. Not to mention my boyfriend is well endowed. The herpes saw an opportunity and came out through the cuts. Here is why I think this: I now have another cut in similar fashion. It only hurts when having sex and there is bleeding during sex. It's the same color as my skin only a little redder. It's not white this time, therefore I don't think herpes has come out through it yet.

All and all, if I didn't take the birth control I wouldnt have found out about the herpes. I hope I am being clear and not sounding crazy. I am only 26, is it possible that the birthcontrol messed my vaginal tissue up this bad or maybe I have some hormone deficiency? I am not on birthcontrol anymore. I stopped in April. Maybe the hormones haven't left my body yet. I don't know what to do, I have no health insurance it ran out last month. Help please? What could be causing these cuts?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi I think you are me talking about me. I had the cuts at a young age and finally after 30 years 3 children 3 docs said crazy things like not enough foreplay before sex lol. Wiping to hard with toilet paper lol. Oh my I would itch till they would bleed. They were like razor cuts, white in color. I got a new OBGYN and I went for my yearly and as soon as she saw them she said you have Lichens Sclerosis and I said oh my god,thank you, I have wondered for years.  She did give me a steroid cream to help. Now with that being said. I have herpes also but didn't at that point. She gave me valtrex  for herpes and it also has taken away the Lichens Sclerosis. Wow that works for me.  A side effect of Veltrax can be sweating and I am on another meds that makes me sweat,so together I was really sweating. I am moving at my job alot and could feel me sweating in beween my legs,which cause a breakout of cysts honest to god. I now only take the valtrex when I feel a herpes breakout coming and it is still working good for both issues. Also the lichens  cuts are on very thin skin and thats why it breaks open. I sure hope this info helps you cause it made me very happy to know the score. 

• Posted

Hi, thank you for your comment. My cuts are only white when having a breakout. I haven't had this problem till taking birthcontrol! rolleyes But the funny thing is I have always had the cysts that form every since I was little just about anywhere. I haven't been diagnosed with anything else.

• Posted

I really can't say what causes it but thats what it sounds like. I have cysts also and of course I can't leave them alone till I have them so sore. If your doc told you it was herpes than you need a new doc. If you had herpes you would have had  at least one breakout and you can't mistake the round shape very painful sore or sores and they hurt so bad. I still hate that s.o.b and this is almost 30 years later.lol

• Posted

So these cuts ... do they produce the same antibodies that HSV-2 produces? How did your first doctor conclude you had herpes?

• Posted

Could you explain your 'cuts' to me are they like slits, are they long, deep OR are they on the surface of your inner and outer lips og your vagina?

• Posted

My vaginal opening starting on the inside to the outside to a point. The one I have now is about a 3/4 inch. They aren't deep, but it looks kind of like a rip on the surface of the skin. I haven't gotten them anywhere else. I have never had any bumps or blisters at all. Nothing on Google images can be compared to what I have.

• Posted

Thank you for your response, i have had two of what you described. Just thought maybe i nicked myself with a razor ... don't think i wrote down the dates of when they were so who knows how long this has been happening. Thought i was going crazy because i hadn't seen anything like what has happened to me, so thank you for your reassurance that i am not alone.

Do you get them often? Had my first blister this past month, thinkin due to stress. Past times the "rip" occurred ...

Guess my advice is to not get stressed, lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.