HElp with food diary

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm not sure how to do this food diary,  can anyone give me some tips.  I havent really checked on the food effecting me.  Yesterday I had no dizziness, but I ate 4 m&m's and had grilled cheese and soup for dinner and today woke up with a slight headach,  tops of shoulders are tense and of course this dizzy feeling like i'm on a fair ride and falling backwards.  So does this mean it was the food?  How are you suppose to figure this out?  This tracking every tiny thing is getting old.  But if you can help I would sure love it.  Thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I looked up menieres triggers. They listed a bunch of stuff. Cheese, caffeine, salt, chocolate.
  • Posted

I will be my own echo yet again. Get the book I mentioned. It really explains it all. Grilled cheese should be ok if u used American cheese. Cheddar, and most other cheeses except mozzarella are to be eliminated. The soup you ate, unless homemade with homemade broth, is to be eliminated due to msg, and it's imposters such as a autolyzed yeast extract, and natural flavor. Chocolate is also to be eliminated. He tells how to do it, but I think u go 2wks on a restricted diet, then add one group back in every 72hrs. Most migraine activity will happen within 48hrs of the food trigger. Mine is 24 hrs or less.

On top of migraine triggers, since there is often overlap and/or confusion with migraine and menieres, it may be helpful to limit sodium as well. I try to keep my intake steady day to day. When I overdo the sodium, my tinnitus is worse in my left ear the next day, but I'm not necessarily fizzy or migranous.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.