New to forum just wanted to say hi. Had fibro 10yrs+ nothing has worked for me yet.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Had total body pain involving just about every part for over 10 years. Diagnosed with fibro 6 years ago. On codeine and gabapentin plus other meds for other issues which are treated as separate but could be connected. Also have bipolar. Am at wits end as nothing really works. Just wondered what others find useful.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Maddie

I take Amitriptyline every night, it helps me , I also have had pain in just about every part of my body, it's exhausting at times and worrying.

Maybe u should ask to go back and see your rheumatologist, see if they can give you anything different to try.

Lynne x

• Posted

Hi Lynne

I used to take amitryptaline but it didn't suit me....I was wondering about any natural products. I've heard about turmeric being useful. It's truly exhausting and frightening but some people think it's made up and in your head.... at present my back and legs are so bad I can hardly move but I've had people accuse me of faking it....

• Posted

Good morning Maddie! The thing about fibro is there is no test that truly determines this disease. So when we are feeling bad how do we know if it's fibro or something else taking over. It's so frightening!!! All we can do is have faith and try to stay as positive as possible. I find that people think that I am a hypercondriac but I know what I feel! Smh.... Still just so clueless! Have a great day!

• Posted

..have you considered distressing your life. I moved out of home because we weren't getting along, I'm not working, just for myself and the partnership without renigging on my responsibilities at the moment trying to reorganise and simplify my life and working towards replacing as many pharmaceutical medications and health supplements as I can with more own time to relax and reassess all my needs, changes in attitude, practicing meditation and realigning Charkras, astrology and psychic is also helping me to get to know me again. Yes, things can get pretty bad with working too many different jobs for years, drifting apart from husbands and not being aware of how we are slowly changing and not in each others company to realize it until major health issues like ankylosing Spondyloarthritis and fibro flares suddenly stopped we in my tracks.

Freaked me out which freaked me out and family and friends don't know how to handle/accept it as its new to them (and they believe it couldn't really be that bad)..I just hope they don't have to go through it!

Anyway I'm feeling a lot better just after 2 needles of Humira for my AS and fibro flares only occur as soon as cold weather occurs &/or stress occurs, .

My suggestion is, work out what stresses you out, have another study of your meds and try doing a bit more for just yourself- do what makes you happy. be around no people, positive like minded people and maybe see naturopath.sure they could help . I really enjoy hydro in heated pools, and spas..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.