Any chat/support/buddy groups?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been on Orlistat a few weeks now, I have lost some weight(gonna do a proper weigh in when I see my gp)...

I started out really well sticking to my low fat diet and avoiding the wrong foods but the past 2 or 3 weeks I haven't done so well. I'm particularly having trouble in what I should take to work for lunch/snacks. Any suggestions? While I'm in the office I'll have 2 cups of tea each day, I've been avoiding biscuits but sometimes I'd like something with my cup of tea- I suppose just out of habit!

Also, are there are any phone groups(like whatsapp) or fb groups where other Orlistat users are available to chat to either for support?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi I'm having the same problem , having years with a cup tea and a biscuit!!I asked the practice nurse at my gp's and she said look on the Internet , what good is that. You would think the makers of the drug would advise us how to use it. X

• Posted

Well I haven't found a good alternative yet, but I suppose we should be avoiding that type of food for now!

• Posted

How are things going now for you? I'm starting next week (got the tablets but getting Christmas out the way first!) & interested in connecting with others on a regular basis for support & weigh in reports etc if perhaps you might be too?

• Posted

I lost about 11lbs but then I got quite lazy! Because of going on holiday/Christmas I stopped taking them for about 3 weeks but definitely plan on getting back on track and eating healthy.

I wouldn't mind connecting on a regular basis, I think it would help me keep on track! It's so easy to fall back into old eating habits

• Posted

Its definitely harder at this time of year! Well i started taking the tablets on Tuesday & doing ok so far I think. I don't have to see my GP till end of Jan to see how I'm doing but am going to Boots to weigh each week fir my own people ace of mind - if I waited a month to weigh I'd find it harder to stay on track I think. I've written down though each half stone milestone as well as each 5% mini goal with space to record the date achieved as when I lost weight the first time round (6yrs ago I lost 7st but have regained that plus 2st extra since having glandular fever & a baby!) I found it motivating to have those mini goals. I also advocate a non-food treat like a nail varnish etc for each stone. What about you?

Am feeling quite positive at the mo & hoping it continues but I'm worried that not going to a weekly class will mean I struggle but am giving it my all lol. We can do this! x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.