Chest pain and pain under right rib

Posted , 12 users are following.

Does anyone suffer from pain under right rib. Sometimes I think it's my heart. Very full of wind and I've had my gall bladder out

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yeah I sometimes get a pain like that. Still I get lots of unexplained pains!😐

Do you?

• Posted

Yes all sorts of aches and pains but this one worries me the most as it's like a feeling of pressure. I think it's worse when I eat certain things. I also suffer from anxiety and it's flared up at the moment so I panic and think it's my heart! The joys....

• Posted

Yes! Just as I read your very message, I was thinking about this pain beneath my right ribs, I used to think it was because of the way I was seated, but now that you're mentioning it, it may just very well be tied into all these other strange aches and pains. The all-over discomfort is the real deal with Perimenopause, for sure. 

MoonLeaf

;-) ... 

• Posted

Hi Anne,

I have had these chest pains before.They are rib cramps and almost feel like a stab or possible heart attack.You should google it.Theres a few reasons they happen.

Mine were due to large Ovarian Cysts.I had very few symptoms other than those extremely agonising chest pains.

Don't panic and assume you have something wrong.I think hormone changes and certain exercises can start them off.

If you are any way worried then please get check up smile

• Posted

dobb.  can I ask if anything was done with your ovarian cysts.  I've had chest pain and have one ovarian cyst 3.5cm but have had it checked and told all normal enough.  still get the uncomfortable chest pain, not always though.  

• Posted

Hi Metamorphed,

In 2012 a 10cm Dermoid containing Calcified bits was found on my left Ovary.I had to have the Cyst removed along with both fallopian tubes as so much damage was done.And just recently I had another Dermoid on my Right Ovary,and as it had consumed any ovarian Tissue,I had to have my remaining ovary and cyst removed. Now mine were both around 10cm and Dermoid So They had to Come out.Ive now had to start HRT

Some types of Cysts can be watched without anything needing to be done.Hopefully yours will be fine smile

• Posted

thnks for the reply dobb.  They said it's fine, just not sure about the chest pain as they say all is fine there also. but I'll have it checked regularly.  hope you're feeling better on hrt, that was a lot to go through.  the joys of all this!

• Posted

Thankyou,the hot flashes are dwindling and I'm feeling more balanced.Its only been 12 days so far!

The docs were never interested in the rib cramps and didn't seem to know much about them.I googled what it might be and got more advice that way.Also I had an ECG and blood pressure tests before surgery which were fine!

It seems to be an 'incidental" symptom.Ive also had my Gallbladder out....weird!!

• Posted

it's funny how, when you first bring yourself to doctors when you have the start of 'mad' symptoms that gallbladder comes up with the doctors.  I was told that my gallbladder might be causing the problems.  but an ultrasound ruled that out.  Why is this chest/rib pain not noted as a peri/menopause symptom when all these women must be complaining about it to doctors everywhere at this stage of their lives.  They act like its all new to them.  I just think they have not much interest in menopause.  Did you already have your gallbladder out, or when it started to act up?

• Posted

Hi yes I'd had my Gallbladder out the year before my problems started.Im convinced that my GB surgery started my Ovarian Cysts off! Mad I know!I had unfortunate serious complications during and after surgery.I had to have 2 further horrible procedures done to put stents in my bile ducts.I had bile leaking into my abdominal cavity for 9 days (I did have an abdominal drain suckling all the crud out) I'm sure my Ovaries got pickled by the acids.I never had hot flushes or Cysts before then.And my rib pain started the following year and we assumed it was scar tissue from the GB Op.Luckily my surgeon wasn't happy signing me off from that surgery and I wouldn't let my pains be ignored,and he sent me for a CT scan which picked up the e Dermoid

• Posted

I had never had the chest pains or hot flushes until after the GB surgery.I suppose I'm a different case to most but definately my pickled Ovaries caused my peri symptoms and then obviously full blown surgical menopause since the second Oophorectomy sad

• Posted

oh no dobb.  that's horrible.  having to go through all that and now this!  Can't help but think that if they took more interest in this phase, other stuff could be ruled out sooner.  I've been amazed by the overall lack of interest in this whole thing.

• Posted

Hi Anne I get the right rib pain also mine is just on the outer edge and under my ribs it stings sometimes and I get some stabbing pain also when its happening I feel like I can feel every rib on the front right side...it comes and goes ...I find ice helps when it flares up
  • Posted

Yes all the time feels sometime like I am having a heart attack many test have been done all normal. Have been told it's do to lack of estrogen. Sometime the is debilitating.

• Posted

My ribs ache all the time....especially the right side.

I have had gallbladder out too. My ribs actually hurt to touch. Especially around the bottom ribs sad

• Posted

Hi Janine,

it seems a few ladies have this pain, you had your gallbladder out too! Mmm i had mine out in March and its obviously created a monster within me! Very odd! Like another lady posted its not my body anymore, ive just started on brht have you tried them or hrt? Its just not fair on women, there doesnt seem to be much help from our GPS either! Where have all the older lady GPs gone, we need them, not men or women in thier 30s. Ive just been given antidepressants not one Dr suggested menopause is my problem!frown

• Posted

Hi carol....yes my symptoms all seemed to start after my gallbladder op but got worse a year ago. My doctor won't let me have hrt as there is heart disease in our family and I have high cholesterol sad

She offered me effexor (AD) but I heard it has pretty bad withdrawal symptoms so I think I would rather keep going as I am without adding another potential problem to the mix! I can't believe there isn't more support and information in the medical field....they only have to go on these forums to realise there is a major issue here....my son is studying to become a doctor....i am going to make sure he helps women in meno......smile

• Posted

Hi janine

seriously you were offered effexor too, gee sounds like we travel the same path! I checked effexor out and threw them in the bin! Ive been on cipramil but after 6 weeks my new dr said they are not working. Thats when i decided maybe my hormones need some help! I do have health anxiety since my op in march so that has clouded the situation somewhat. I do believe surgery and the drugs used can cause hormone depletion! No one tells us this drrrr so frustrating! I saw your post earlier you said you were on the GC did u mean Gold Coast Australia? Thats where i am! Thanks for your reply! 🌺

• Posted

Hi Carole...yes I am in Arundel on the Gold Coast smile

I was a bit scared to start the effexor...the doctor gave it to me to help the mood swings and sweats.

I cut out caffeine (was having up to four a day) and tried to reduce sugar (that was harder! ) and after a couple of weeks started to see a difference. I think its only early days for me as I am 49 and still regular so will just take it as it comes.

I had my gallbladder out at GCUH....only a week after it opened. I recovered pretty well but have had a lot more symptoms since then.

Where do you live on the Gold Coast? How amazing out of everyone on here we live in the same city! smile

• Posted

Hello Janine,

i live not far from you, just behind Movie World, upper coomera. We have been here for years. Now its all housing instead of dairy farms, the green valley is now just a distant memory.

i too cut back on caffein and sugery stuff after being told i was slightly hypo thyroid! Ive tried to include less dairy, but i need some calcium. Vitamins are also on my menu, less white bread and white potatos, such a boring diet. Havent had any wine in ages, ive lost 12 kilos since march. All doctors can tell me is my nerves, anxiety depression. Hence my visit to menopause forums, searching for advice and support. You probably read that ive started on bhrt, taking seventh pill tonite. Im really hoping this is the right choice!

it is amazing to find a local gal on a world wide forum! I appreciate your input here! Cheers💐

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.